Brighter? EL Blaster 3 or 3D Mag

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
That blaster 3p special (2 for $80) has got me thinking hard.

If the blaster 3 brighter than a "standard" 3d mag.

I know the OBVIOUS answer is yes, based on the 72 lumens out of the blaster 3, but does anyone own one? and what do you think?

Is the blaster 3 a little brighter? much brighter? a LOT brighter? than a standard 3d mag.

Thank you.

SS

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I think these pictures speak for themselves.

Blaster vs. 3D M@g
B3.jpg

elektrolumens_blaster2_vs_3dm2.jpg

Pictures from http://www.flashlightreviews.com/

This is the Blaster 2, and I think the Blaster 3 is an improvement of the Blaster 2. So i'm sure it would blow any M@g away.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Former mag user.... thank you. I bet (from you name) you have a good idea what you are talking about.

Further reading on flashlightreviews.com advised that those beamshots are from the blaster 2, with a Lux 1, 1 watt led. The blaster 3 has a Lux 3, a 3 watt led, so (in my uneducated opinion) in must be even better... cool.

#1 Thank you for the help.
#2 Damn you, now i have to spend more $$$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks,

SS

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
StainlessSteel said:
#1 Thank you for the help.
#2 Damn you, now i have to spend more $$$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks,
SS

[/ QUOTE ]

1. You are very welcome

2. It'll be worth it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Danny

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i concur.

my old Blaster 3 with a 1watt luxeon was definitely brighter than any 3D Maglite it was ever in the presence of. plus, you could run it for a full day, non-stop, and it'd still be comparable.

a 3D Mag with a brand new bulb and brand new batteries might throw a bit farther tho.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
And dont forget that the new Blaster 3's will not have the square sidespill of light as shown in the 2nd photo. THe newer ones have a newer 30mm optic that makes a nice round sidespill and the new optic also throws farther than before.
I think you will really like the Blaster 3. I have 2 of them that were originally 1 watts and were converted to 3 watt. I also put in the newer 30mm optic and the difference is very noticble to me.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:
So it matches the 3D mag throw?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it at least matches it. But the quality of the light from the Blaster 3 in terms of color and size makes the 3D Mag look like a childs toy in my opinion.