Got my Nuwai ALX-032 3 level 3 Watt "Nightstar"

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Nuwai ALX-032 3 level 3 Watt \"Nightstar\"

I won this guy in an auction from Golden Gadgets. Fortunately, I have a 3 watt Luxeon to compare it to - my Blaster 3P. First impressions;

It's very pretty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The HAII is nice and shiny black. The aluminum body looks bullet proof. Very nicely done. The holster actually has a tube in it to keep it rigid, making holstering the light easy (although the light can rattle - gonna have to do something there), and is very high quality.

The beam is tighter than the 3P, although assuming the 3P is actually 3 watts, the Nuwai isn't. The beam is definitely dimmer and green compared to the Blaster. Despite the tighter beam, it doesn't throw as well. It is brighter in the hotspot than my Surefire L4, although in terms of total light output, it's not as good. No surprise - it's unfair to compare the two, since they're different beasts. I'd like to bump up it's output though; ideas?

The three levels are nice to have. I sure wish there was a good sized light that didn't PWM to control output though.

No beam shots - I don't have any white walls! Maybe tonight I'll take it outside and play.

Overall, a reasonably nice light if you can put up with the greenish output - mine is there, but not too objectionable. Maybe a different one would be better.

Service from Golden Gadgets was excellent!

I guess I'll post this in in reviews too.