Run-Time Plot - Lightwave 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This runtime plot is for a Lightwave 4000 flashlight with 10 leds and three Duracell Alkaline D cell batteries. At the end of 120 hours of constant operation, the LW 4000 was still generating enough light to light up a wall 6 feet away!

Equipment used is a photocell and a Radio Shack 22-805 multimeter with a PC interface that is using ScopeView software (V 1.08).

The vertical axis is in MA and the horziontal axis is 1.5 hours per division for the top plot and 6 hours per division for the bottom plot. This plot ran for five days.

Be aware that your actual battery mileage may vary from that indicated by this runtime plot.

lw4k.jpg

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Even if you apply the unofficial "time to half-brightness" rule, than would give approx 2 days continuous "useable" output. But since I have no first-hand experience with this one, Roy, how is the brightness after a day or so, would you consider it usable? This would be a good one for the "fallout shelter" that I am constructing.

e-

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
At the end of five days of continuous use, I could see it on a wall six feet away in a simi-dark room. It will not stand on it's tail as there is a laynard loop on the tail cap. This is a light to use when you need a light for hours at a time...search and rescue, power outages, car wrecks, or worst case, weather related outages (days at a time). If you're going to put it in a shelter, I would not keep batteries in it, but stored with it.

ADDED:

Let me clear that up a bit! At the end of the test I shown it on a wall about six feet away and could see the center of the beam pattern on the wall. The room was not dark but was partially lit. BTW, I ended the plot because I got tired of it hogging the computer...figured five days was enough!
grin.gif

ADDED ADDED:

Ambient light level during a test is about 0.010ma from the photocell.

Status
Not open for further replies.