Surefire 12z/12p Replacement Lamps

dimebag

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, this is my first post and my guess is that I don't know much about flashlights compared to most of you. Anyway, I was hoping someone might know if it's possible to get replacement lamps for the now discontinued Surefire 12z flashlight. The lamp in my 12z is still burning strong but I fear the day/night that it burns out on me. This is my favorite flashlight and I really want to use it for many years to come. It really comes in handy for those times when aggressive drivers decide to tailgate, but has many other uses that I probably haven't even discovered yet.

K-T

*Moderator*
The replacement lamp for the 12ZM or PM is the N62,

as an alternative you could try the MN60(250lm/60Min) and MN61(350lm/20Min) with a bit less output but longer runtime. Both of them also fit the ZM/PM.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have two 12Z/P lights, and I would save the original bulbs for "special occasions" and primarily used the bulbs from the Surefire M4 in them. With the SF M4 high output bulbs you get a little less light output, but a longer runtime, and they are available numerous places. I'd buy a high output M4 bulb (MN61) and keep it on hand for when your original bulb finally goes out on you.

-Keith

Brock

Flashaholic
I would say of all my lights the 12PM bk is my favorite, not that I use it that often, but the size to weight to lumen out is amazing, even after all these years.

I have my N62 in a safe place and run the MN60 or MN61 most of the time.