Webspace for hotlinking etc etc...no cookies

code09

Enlightened
Hey guys, i love beamshots and short clips. So i guess to promote this, i am offering free webspace and hot linking to those who want it. If you guys need any, for hosting pictures or whatever, feel free to use mine. All i ask is that you keep the space nice and neat, please make your folder with your username in it, and store the files inside. Pictures/clips only please! no MP3's or movies (it is not for you to store YOUR personal files, as anyone can access it). If you would like to help pay for bandwith, that would be great. 1-2 dollar donations per year, month, whatever you feel like would help lots! Thanks!

paypal: [email protected]
Host address: www.code09.com
URL:www.code09.com/CPF1/your_username/file_name
Username: u37125846-CPF
Password: candle

This webspace can be accessed by a FTP program such as cuteFTP, WINSCP, etc etc.
If you guys already have your own webspace, you can still feel free to use this one!
If you have any questions, feel free to email [email protected]

Thanks

Moses
www.code09.com

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Re: Webspace!

Might as well advertise here as well, since my webhost went down shortly after I did this last time...

I also have a webhost that I'll make available to CPF members for small things.

<ul type="square">
VITAL STATS
[*]FTP host ftp.idleprocess.net
[*]Port 21
[*]Username [email protected]
[*]Password public
[*]URL http://idleprocess.net/public
[*]Terms of Service None! The entire world has write access! I might not like what you upload or the diskspace/bandwidth it consumes! Someone else might feel the same!

Seriously, keep the files small and create a directory with your CPF username for your stuff. Be civil.
[*]Hotlinking CPF, CPFU, Aficionadozone, and some other websites that you can guess through trial-and-error if you're so inclined!
[*]Accounts contact me through email if you'd like an account, but not guarantees.
[/list]

Aloft

Enlightened

Hey, can I ask you guys a few questions?

Do you run your own Web Servers, like Apache or M$ IIS? Or are you just allowing access on your own website that's actually hosted by someone else. If it's on your own server, how did you go about getting a static IP address in order to host the site?

I'm very interested in learning more about this. . . I'm running my own home network as part of my studies for MCSE, but my cable company doesn't give static IP addresses, so it's virtually invisible from "outside". I think having my own server on the net would be very cool. Feel free to PM me if you think that's better. . . I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

BTW, my first question is a rhetorical one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks. . .

code09

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif my offer still stands for those who need it

code09

Enlightened

Hey guys, I saw sasha's post regarding the Avators and the "no cookies" hot linking, so i have decided to give this thread a little bump.

Feel free to use the space there. I have edited to first post, and all the info you need should be there

idleprocess

Flashaholic

My webhost switched servers recently and screwed a few things up - like all non-root FTP access.

So... don't bother trying to use mine for a while. Unless you find FTP login errors especially amusing.

LaserFreak

Enlightened

I've tried all the links posted here and none work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif...can someone suggest another?

LaserFreak

Enlightened

I know about photobucket and imageshack...I thought those were some of the sites that they don't want hotlinking from....

greenLED

Flashaholic

Hotlinking is when you copy/paste a direct link from a commmercial site and into CPF (and the image is not yours). Whenever someone on CPF clicks on the image, it loads from a 3rd party server - a big no-no around here.

The difference with Photobucket and ImageShack is that they are setup for you to share your pics after you put them on the server. So in a sense it's hotlinking, but it's allowed, so it's not hotlinking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This is what I get after being in the lab for too long... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

Last edited:

LaserFreak

Enlightened

Ok, so I guess we need to hear from a moderator or admin on this one...

Are we allowed to post images using photobucket? I hope so.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

watt4

Enlightened

I've also used www.imagecabin.com

from their front page,

"ImageCabin is a free image hosting and online photo album site allowing you to use your images in online auctions, forums, blogs, and even on your own website."

Empath

Flashaholic

You're allowed to post images from *any* site that has given you permission to link to your images. Sites designed for the purpose have given you permission by nature of it's function. When I say "any" site, I'm excluding any site that attempts to abuse the privacy and security of our members by using your image as the means.

code09

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
LaserFreak said:
I've tried all the links posted here and none work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif...can someone suggest another?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a problem with it?

Let me know what happens...i'll check it out! As far as im concerned, it still works! Might have to use secured connection though with your FTP program