3-D Maglite lamp replacement questions

mokona2

Enlightened
I'm waiting for my EverLED replacement bulb to arrive so I can repair/upgrade my 3-D Maglite. Is it recommended to replace the stock reflector and/or lens to maximize performance? If so, could someone point me to an online source? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

mokona2

Enlightened
Hmm.. should I be worried about warping the stock lens? I'll think about a UCL in the future after I test out the EverLED.

What about a replacement reflector?

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
A UCL will let more light pass through than the stock lens and is scratch resistant.

You can buy a LOP reflector from fivemega. They have a nice texture to them. He is taking orders in the "Group Buys" forum here on CPF. They are aluminum reflcetors unlike the cheapy plastic stock ones. Or you can wait for fivemega to sell SMO reflectors, these will have the same smooth finish as the stock reflectors and will also be made of aluminum. Very nice stuff.

LOP Reflector

mokona2

Enlightened
Thanks for pointing out the LOP Reflector. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif
Hopefully I'm not too late. Guess I'm spoiled with the LED reflectors from my Surefires.

Time to pimp out my maglite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
The LOP reflector should really smooth out the EverLED beam. I've seen some beamshots of it, the LED beam and it isn't entirely smooth. I actually got my LOP in the mail today and I love it, I was blown away at the nice smooth beam I was getting from a maglite!

You should get a UCL when flaslightlens.com has them in stock.

mokona2

Enlightened
Thanks for the mini-review of the LOP. I'm sure I'll be happy with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

As for the UCL, should I consider the LDF option? Kinda defeats the tightly focused beam doesn't it? Also, what would be the correct size UCL for the maglite? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

Edit: Ack! I just checked out Flashlightlens.com.. I'm guessing the 52.1mm Borofloat UCL is the correct size /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
The measurement is 52.1 mm. (beat me to it)

I dont think there is a Borofloat UCL, just a Borofloat unless those are also considered UCL, I'm not usre about that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gifToo

Yeah, an LDF would pretty much defeat the purpose of buying the LED.

You'll love your new LED, reflector and lens if you get one. Your maglite will thank you...

mokona2

Enlightened
Hmm.. I only have one 3-D maglite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Don't know if it would be worth it to just order one lens. Maybe I'll just wait until my SF G2 Lexan lenses get scratched up.

You're right, my maglite will thank me considering I banged the bezel into a table leg and ruined the lamp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a look at my DEC. sigline below to get an idea of what your Everled will do compared to your once proud and mighty krypton bulb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif
Just scroll down several posts to see it.