come on test how fast ya pc is

raggie33

*the raggedier*
go here and download super pi run the 8 meg test it basicaly test cpu.there are better test but this one is vewry very small and works ok i do 8 meg test in 7 minutes 14 seconds but i have cvery very crapy ram

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I ran the program, and it locked my computer up tighter than Fort Knox. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Had to button-reset the thing...a severe no-no for a Windows machine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well all it does is test for prime numbers.yes it requires ya pc to be stable .its my fav test to see how fast and stable ya pc is.

Skyline

Enlightened
I disagree this little app provides any measurement of stability. It's just another toy really.

My result:
+ 000h 01m 19s [ 1M]
+ 000h 16m 03s [ 8M]

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well thats ok.happy new years to you .we cant all agree.most the over clockers i know use it or prime 95.

Skyline

Enlightened
Ah, testing overclocked CPU stability makes a lot more sense. I just don't see how it could have tested operating system stability.

Happy New Years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried it and it said somthing after 1 minuite then it frozed. I did get it off without resetting it though.

I'll do it again

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, it took about 5 and a half minuites to calculate to 1M

This program does use the processor 100% so I did it without anything else running.

I have a 450mhz Pentium 3 and 416megs of RAM

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol this just proves what a dork i am waa i can run this test for like 100 hours and no probs.o and the 1 meg test i do in 38 seconds. man im a dork

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
4M test took about 23 mins

Heh I took a screenshot with PaintShop Pro as well
superpi.jpg

Note: I sliced off the right side of it so you don't have to scroll horizontally

Stefan

Enlightened
geepondy, the largest I found so far is (2^24036583)-1. If you really want to see the source, click here. Be warned though, this file is in excess of 9 megabytes, and has a 7,235,733 digit count.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Super PI really works. If your computer locks up, I say you have something wrong.

I once bought a slightly used state of the art Pentium from a con man on Ebay. My computer had occasional hard to diagnose problems.

Super Pi came to my rescue. As long as I calculated PI to less than 4 Megs, everything was okay. If I tried 4 megs or greater, bad things would happen. When running XP, the OS would crash. If I was running Win2k, the OS didn't crash, but SuperPi would find an internal error and stop calculating.

There's nothing wrong with Super Pi either. It runs fine on my other machines, and it runs fine on that machine since I replaced the CPU.

Apparently the con man was getting these Pentiums from Intel's dumpster.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah i love superpi and also love prime 95 .,and if i want to test grahpics to i run 3dmark 2003 in a loop