Acrylic dome lens question

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the infinity ultra shine when an acrylic dome lens is placed over the led? Would the light be more focused at all?

knifebright

Enlightened
i once took a lens from my prinston tec impact II and ground it down until it was a little larger thatn the head of an arc aaa. Then i used a rubber stoper bored out and used it to slip over the head of the aaa hold the lens in place. I fabricated a really crappy reflector out of thin aluminum. All the side splill was gone and a nice pronounced round spot was the result.
jimmy

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just playing with something similar last night. It appears that you can just put a simple 1/2 ball of acrylic on top of a light with a reflector and tighten it up. I bought some at Tap Plastics.

My target was a ceiling about 15 feet away, and the beam spot was approx 3 ft dia., maybe less. It was getting harder to see after some massive dark / bright shifts in the room.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was what I was thinking. I'm glad someone else did too. If you take apart an old camera they have some nice small lenses, some are exactly the right size for an infinity. I don't have any around yet...

Does anyone have an extra acrylic lens they would share with me?

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
That was what I was thinking. I'm glad someone else did too. If you take apart an old camera they have some nice small lenses, some are exactly the right size for an infinity. I don't have any around yet...

Does anyone have an extra acrylic lens they would share with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

These costs about 25 cents at tap plastics. If you are really unable to find one near you , send me a pm with a target diameter. I have a few sizes.