Which is better INOVA X5 or Lightwave 2100?

socalrunner

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a great small flashlight.. I am looking at both the Inova X5 and Lightwave 2100? What have been your experiences and opinions on either of these lights..

Thanks,
EP

K

K3LAW

I have the inova x5, And I think it is much brighter than the 2100, Also smaller and compact.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd have to agree with Byron, the Inova x5 is brighter and a more elegant/compact flashlight,

The only real advantage you'd get in buying the Lightwave 2100 is the running cost, it runs on standard AA's (the x5 requires 123a lithiums).

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Main difference is the X5T has a "Tatical" click switch on its tail :

x5tm.jpg

It's also got a larger lanyard hole and is supposed ??? to be a little brighter.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
...the end switch/cap assembly is twisted for the constant on/lock out, as well as momentary on (like a Surefire) instead of at the LED end as on the original X5. My X5T does not "click on" with that switch, it must be turned...once again like a Surefire. I thought I saw a picture of both the X5 & X5T that looked like the X5T was of a slightly smaller diameter than the orignal X5? Anyone?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I share txwest's and V8toyototrk's personal preference. The smaller size outweighs the larger lanyard as an important factor to me. I'm not inclined to use a LED light tactically, so the switch is of minimal value to me.

My daughter is likely to get my X5T because she prefers it to my X5.

Preferences vary.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
...forgot to add, they added a stainless steel plate/insert to the LED end to further protect the leds/body if dropped or perhaps thrust into a ohhh, what would someone thrust a flashlight at???

Check em' out here: http://www.theledlight.com/inova.html

Now you've done it! I've been exposed to some positive features of the orignial Inova X5.

Where are they still available for a good price?

I've got to get one to compare them in person...
(and that's what being a "Flashaholic" is all about!)

check signature...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
No Fry's in Anchorage, Alaska. I remember them in Phoenix though...too far to drive for a flashlight...the "quest" is on...

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would post a WTB here on the board to see if someone has one they want to sell. TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I prefer Inova x5. Because LED flashligh is high-end product. But Lightwave use rubber as housing. It's terrible.

I also like the tail switch. It's wonderful.

How do you feel about the following product?
10269838.jpg

Is it similar with Inova X5? But it's cheaper. And it uses 2AA alkali batteries. The using cost is much lower.