Been away a while.. Need info on Lionheart!

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I've been away from CPF for about a year now so I haven't been keeping up with all the awesome mods and lights since then (damn I missed you guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif). I think I've been bit by the bug again and I'm starting to read up on all the cool stuff you guys have done over the past year.

I know I'm suppose to use the Search function but I need some instant gratification.. What is Lionheart?! This thing looks awesome! Is this one of Charlie's (Mr. Bulk) lights? I don't know exactly what this is.. but I feel I NEED one! Are they still available?

Any other "must have" lights I've missed over the past year

I've only begun to go through some of the stuff thats been going on but I have to say you guys have made some awesome mods/lights over the past year. You guys have made incredible progress in many different areas. Great job everyone!

Thanks in advance for any info!

PS. I am damn sorry to hear about the demise of Arc Flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I can't believe they are gone! I can't believe I missed the Arc 4+!

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Lionheart is Charlies lates (and greatest) creation. it is powered by a Pila 165 and it has 68 DIFFERENT LEVELS OF LIGHT, with awsome throw and spill (atleast in mine), he made three different runs of the Lionhearts. Bare Alum (75), HA III (300), and the last Special Edition Lionheart sold on CPF (ONLY 3 LEFT....HURRY) they aren't cheap but worth every penny to allmost everyone that bought one.

IN SIMPLE WORDS IT'S JUST PLAIN AWSOME

Doug

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
No more left!

Several have come up in B/S/T, however!

This is a pocket jewel. A LuxeonIII emitter with an awesome reflector, and its rechargeable as well.

He also built the VIP, another LuxIII light which runs on a single 123.

The Aleph series, which is a modular series designed by McGizmo and sold through the Sandwich Shoppe is also new and of similar quality, though the LiOnHeart is unique in its variability.

Bill

Finbar

Newly Enlightened
The Raffle for the VIP Prototype ends tonight for $5 a throw.

Endeavor is taking orders for the CR2 Ion.

There are several other homemade lights that are being produced now, but I have already put me name in the hat for it.

There are some really nice lights getting ready to be offered as well.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif
Fin

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot for the info guys. The fact that it uses Pila Li-Ion is awesome since I already have a bunch.. but 68 different brightness levels? That is absolutely incredible! All this time, I've only been using one brightness level like a chump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll also take a look at the Aleph lights.. Anything designed by McGizmo is always top quality.

Sigh.. I've only been back to CPF for a day and I'm ready to drop a few hundred on flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
68 levels of light, but five level can be access easily, and the last level is remembered, and so much more. The User Interface has been upgraded to version two, with things like auto lockout, and much more. The UI on the Lion is awesome!

I can only dream about it. I sometimes think about trading my VIP for the Lion Heart, since I can't afford one.

But, the VIP is a awesome light too. You can get the VIP with twisty end cap or kings crown tail switch, and a AA body is availible and in about one or two weeks a large 3 inch reflector will come out for it and make it a super long throw pocket wonder. And the VIP runs for 68 hours on low on one CR123, or 3.5 hours on medium. And medium is super bright. High is brighter and gives you I think about 47 minutes. I EDC the VIP in my cell phone pocket of my pants with the twisty. Small pocket rocket.