ARC AAA LE & 4 AAA DB Mods?

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all, I've been lurking here for a while but this is my first post.
grin.gif
Some folks over on BladeForums.com (my real addiction) turned me on to this site after I asked them about the Innova X5...

Anyway, I'm starting to think about Christmas gifts and the ARC AAA LE seems like an excellent idea. But, I can't find them for sale anywhere (only the regular edition AAA's). Are these things even available anymore?

Second question... I dug up an old 4 AAA Double Barrel and while I'm not unhappy with it's throw or beam quality (I guess I just don't know any better?) there's got to be a simple way to make it "better". Either a better throw or just a better quality beam. Are LED's the way to go? I'm not solder-savy so anything too difficult may be out of my reach.

Jon

MicroE

Enlightened
Jon---Welcome aboard. The Arc AAA LE is in stock (or was last week) at 1SKS.COM (1 Stop Knife Shop) in Florida. It is, however, pricey. Expect to pay about $38!! The difference between the AAA and the AAA LE is not very big. If there is a budgetary limitation (and there is ALWAYS one for everybody) then you should probably go with the regular AAA, unless you are in love with the olive drab color and slightly whiter LED.---Marc