• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired UBH status update: Now ready! Photos added

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update Mar7/05: I have finished the infopage about the UBH. You can click here to check it out, and see just what a UBH is... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif There are still plenty of UBHs in stock and ready to ship.

I have just heard from the machinist, and he says he can do the work in a few days. He's got the go-ahead, so I expect that I will have the final component for the UBH kits late next week. Once I have the tubes, I will immediately begin packing the boxes to send them out.

I have quite a number of unclaimed kits, and after next week there will not be a delay in sending them out, so please feel free to order once I have received the AA tubes. I will ship your in-stock UBH order within 1 weekday of receiving payment.

Thanks for your patience, all those who have waited this long. It won't be long now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Doug.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: UBH status update

These are battery bodies which are designed to hold a number of different combos of batteries and heads. They are compatible with E-sized Surefire heads, Arc-LS heads, McLux heads, and AFAIK the Aleph heads, which have the same size of threads (don't have any to check).

The complete UBH kit comes with spacers to allow for the use of 1AA, 2AA, 1, 2 or 3 CR123 cells, or the Pila 168S battery. Two of the 150S's will fit, but may be a little too long to work with the E-series heads. The UBH can also be used with the E2C adapter, to increase the range of options available.

Once you have decided on the battery and head combo you like, install a Z52 or Z58 Surefire tailswitch, and away you go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

jtice - what do you mean? Progress is that the kits are ready to go except for the AA adapter tubes. That's the only thing holding them back, now. I think I mentioned that somewhere before...? Anyway, that's the state we're in now.

I'll look around for a bonus... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

? ? ?

Just hang in there and do the best you can Doug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

cy

Flashaholic

how much are the unclaimed kits? and what will it consist of?

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

The unclaimed kits are $55.00US each shipped, and will be the complete kits. These consist of the following parts:

-1 UBH-HA body (includes O-rings)
-1 Arc button
-1 AA adapter tube (goes inside body to reduce ID from 123-size to AA size)
-1 single CR123 spacer
-1 double CR123 spacer
-1 AA spacer

*notes: spacer=dummy battery
Arc button=small spacer to lift batteries to work in Arc-LS heads.

Unclaimed means I had no pre-orders for them, that's all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd like to steak claim on one of the kits too. let me know when they are ready to ship. Given all the past drama i hope you dont mind if i pay only when you have the kit in your hands, botex up, and ready to send out the door with tracking info.

Shane

the avatar

Newly Enlightened

Doug,

I would like to take an unclaimed kit too, if it can be shipped to Hong Kong, thanks

Michael

cy

Flashaholic

I'll take one unclaimed kit. Please let me know when ready.

jtice

Flashaholic

Ah sorry about that Doug,

Last night I saw your post answering WHAT the UBH was, but somehow my browser was showing that I had read all the posts before that, BUT I had not, sence I had not seen that update about the machinist.

At least things are moving along now, down to the last part.

Thanks for the update.

~John

DaveT

Enlightened

Doug:
"Once you have decided on the battery and head combo you like, install a Z52 or Z58 Surefire tailswitch, and away you go."

Will a Z57 clickie also work on a UBH?
Thanks
Dave