P60 P61 bulbs

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a good source for replacement bulbs for my G2, is there someone on this board who deals in them?
I would prefer to support those on here if possible.
Thanks

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Somelamps sells in B/S/T. Tactical Warehouse and Meridan Tactical are supporting Dealers. There may be more, but these are the ones that come to mind. I buy mine from Dan @ Tactical Warehouse. Dan ships very fast and has great service.

davidra

Enlightened
Hmmm. Do you mean bulbs or assemblies? Can you actually change bulbs in one of these without changing the reflectors?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found Dan's site, Tacticle Warehouse. He has them thanks..
Now, beside the bulb it says 20 min. That means the batteries right? How long do the bulbs typically last?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
davidra said:
Hmmm. Do you mean bulbs or assemblies? Can you actually change bulbs in one of these without changing the reflectors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assemblies, sorry. the bulb is not seperate from the reflector.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Pydpiper said:it says 20 min. That means the batteries right? How long do the bulbs typically last?

[/ QUOTE ]

That means that the batteries last 20 minutes on that particular bulb/reflector assembly. Its hard for me to say how long the bulbs last, but its long enough that you (usually) get your money's worth.

best regards

Topper

Flashaholic*
If you want to go rechargable then Jon at JSBurlys can sell you a 3.7volt lamp to go with a 168S pila for the G2 I have a G2Z that is set up like that. It was EDC for a good while but now the LionHeart has taken its place for EDC I do keep it near by and still use it some.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire Lamp Assemblies are generally given a 25 hour lifespan.
From my personal experience I would guess that is an underestimation.

Al

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
SureFire Lamp Assemblies are generally given a 25 hour lifespan.
From my personal experience I would guess that is an underestimation.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Al, that is the first time I have heard a life span for one of these bulbs.. Even if it's off a bit one way or another I still have an idea when it may quit.

Size15's

Flashaholic
As a bulb ages the inside of the glass tends to discolour as evaporated filament remains attached to the glass rather than being vapourised and redeposited back on the filament.

Depending on the nature of your use of light it may be a good idea to rotate lamps that are showing signs of this aging from mission critical illumination tools.
Discolouration should not be allowed to get so bad it discolours the beam as the filament will be very fragile by then.

It's always a good idea to have spare Lamp Assemblies. SureFire makes Spares Carriers so you can securely bring replacement batteries and a Lamp Assembly with you (in a bag or vehicle etc).

I do not and have never been concerned about the lamp life of the SureFires I've used. It's never been an issue I've had to watch out for even though I've run quite a few lamps way longer than 25 hours.