• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Wanted-- Luxeon III TWOK or TWOL Got One

sniper

Enlightened
Hello:
Does anyone out there in photon land have a Luxeon III TWOK or TWOL they will sell me for my first Mag light mod? It will be a 3 D cell light. For a direct drive, would a TVIK or TVIL do as well? When first installed, is there a "burning in" period, before things settle down? Thank you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

knifebright

Enlightened
Re: Wanted-- Luxeon III TWOK or TWOL

hey sniper
The shoppe has a couple twok's available but make sure you save a few for me as i'm ordering today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Also i think they have plenty of tvij and a few tvil. I personally recomend the tvi in a mag reflector as though it may not be the whitest tint in the world, i believe they perform better out doors. I know i may be slammed for my support of the warm tint, but i'll take function over estetics any day.
jimmy

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Wanted-- Luxeon III TWOK or TWOL

Jimmy,

I'm with you on the warmer tints. Not only do they consistently score higher on the lux meter, but I think they make things easier to see at night. As long as you aren't hunting white walls, you'll be impressed with the performance of a TV1? equipped light.

Then again, the TWO? isn't what I would consider a cool tint either. I've found most to be closer to warm than cool.