What's kinda like a Nuwai Qiii?

JeffH

Newly Enlightened
What\'s kinda like a Nuwai Qiii?

I got this light a little over a week ago and I REALLY like it. It's size, amount of light and ability to run on rechargeables have made it the light that I grab most often. The only thing I don't care for is it's tendency to nick and scratch. I have had it in my pocket most of the week sometimes forgeting and throwing change, a knife or my keys in with it. I'm sure it will look pretty beat up over time. We will see how the extended durability is but right now it's simply a really great flashlight. I must feed my new obsession with these products. So... my question is... After telling you the above what other lights would you suggest I look at that are very comparable to this light? Something small and very powerful. I don't need a crazy amount of run time, an hour perhaps even less is fine.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Re: What\'s kinda like a Nuwai Qiii?

The Surefire e1e. It has Hard Anodize Level 3. This means that is definitely muich more durable than the finish on the QIII and will stay looking new longer. Heres a review:
Surefire E1

Brightguy.com has it for $78.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

E1E is not as bright as the Q-III unless you get the KL1 or KL4 head for it.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sharper Image sells a 1xCR123 that is pretty good, and is a bright silver finish. Some people like the Inova T1 and I believe it comes silver.

AnotherDaveH

Newly Enlightened

I've started carrying my QIII in my pocket in the OEM holster. Its not very bulky and, in addition to protecting the light, keeps it from clanging around with the change, etc. that might be there. This will do while I dream about the e1e/kl1.

lahjik

Newly Enlightened

AnotherDaveH,

That worked VERY nicely for me as well...for about 9 days. Then the OEM holster disentigrated around the light. There have been a number of threads about replacement pouches for the QIII. The most recent had some nice suggestions. I love this as an EDC, but it does need some padding in a pocket with anything else.

As for the original post, it is a more expensive, but the Longbow Battery Station has the Longbow Micra on closeout for $60, about $10-$15 less than some other places. It is about the same size as the QIII, 1xCR123, and comes with a twsty or clicky tailcap in a variety of colors. I don't think it is HA-III, so you will still have to worry about scratching.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
JeffH said:
Something small and very powerful. I don't need a crazy amount of run time, an hour perhaps even less is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a current boosted Arc LS with a reflector would fill the bill nicely. More expensive, but also smaller and more durable.

Peter

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast

E1e + KL1. If you want durability, HA3's the only way to go. Just keep in mind that it will "eat" everything else that you put it with.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
lahjik said:
As for the original post, it is a more expensive, but the Longbow Battery Station has the Longbow Micra on closeout for $60, about $10-$15 less than some other places. It is about the same size as the QIII, 1xCR123, and comes with a twsty or clicky tailcap in a variety of colors. I don't think it is HA-III, so you will still have to worry about scratching.

[/ QUOTE ]
LongBow's finish is HA-3.
Pat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JeffH

Newly Enlightened

Thanks everybody! I placed my order for the E1e/KL1 today. I am looking hard at that Longbow Micra as well though.
Jeff