Lurker no more! 1st post

dimwatt

Newly Enlightened
Hello all

After a couple of weeks lurking and getting familier with the forum and doing homework on mods I would like to attempt, I finally took the plunge!

Please be patient with me until I semisortof know my way around in here. I promise not to ask TO many dumb questions and promise to search for as many answers in previous posts as I can find. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

I thought dimwatt was appropriate for a newbie. (love the kewl emoticons)

Dimwatt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF dimwatt!!!

A few terms you will hear around here...

Hide your wallet! Tear up the Credit cards!

Buy both.

There almost certainly exists a light that is perfect for each of us. But at about 115 lights so far, I haven't yet found it!

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF dimwatt ( I feel bad calling you that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings dimwatt, you are helping to reinforce our behavior just by joining the CPF. So remember that you get to share part of the blame now. Thanks for joining.

Many of us appreciate the usefulness of a dim light for various tasks. While dim, your watts are still doing useful work.

Later! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome dude! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
If you really did your homework, I trust you have already buried your credit cards? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dirobesh

Enlightened
Feel free to ask questions! There are a lot of VERY knowledgeable people here. (alas, I'm not one of them....)

dimwatt

Newly Enlightened
THANKS ALL!

Thanks for the welcome! (when I have become a confirmed flashaholic I might change names:)

Unfortunately (fortunately)? I have already e mailed Lambda and commited to one of his new AA kits so the advice about tearing up the credit cards was already too late! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif LOL

I guess that means I don't have to worry about becoming addicted anymore, I already was before I joined! At least I am in great company!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif As a former police officer, I always have wanted more light! Back in the late 70s and 80s I was packing around a 5 cell Kel Light. Awesome light for the time! It and I took out our share of windshields and side windows. Even with the impact, I never blew a bulb! I wonder what my ex wife did with it. (did she do with it what I told her to)?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif (I still can't get over all of the awesome graemlins)

Best regards

Arlen (dimwatt)

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Re: THANKS ALL!

[ QUOTE ]
dimwatt said:
I wonder what my ex wife did with it. (did she do with it what I told her to)?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Hey dimwatt, welcome to CPF, why dontcha stay awhile!
Hide your wallet, fast!
daloosh

sniper

Enlightened

Welcome, dimwatt! Now there are at least two newbies, no doubt plotting our first Mag mods.

greenLED

Flashaholic

Welcome! The only dunmb question is the one that doesn't get asked. Even the most flashaholics of flashaholics are noobs in one or more areas of flashaholism.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Arlen...

Welcome aboard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I was a prosecutor during some of the years you were busy keeping the streets safe...and smashing a few windows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My oldest son is presently a police officer for the City of Atlanta. You`ll also find a few other LEO`s here.

Enjoy your new life in our "ever-exciting-yet-ever-agonizing" world of the CPF. It`s probably the nicest community of friendly souls that you`ll ever find in cyberspace. In our midst you`ll also find people who can take a raw aluminum tube and turn it into a state-of-the-art flashlight. (I, unfortunately, am not one of those wizards.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And lastly...
May God have mercy on your soul! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
(You`ll soon find out what I mean, if you don`t already know.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Again, welcome aboard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon

hey you can ask all the stupid questions you want i do it all the time and they never get angry with me. BTW it doesn't help to hide your wallet because then it just means that you'll have to go find it to buy stuff and have to wait even longer before you get your stuff

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
dimwatt said:
Back in the late 70s and 80s I was packing around a 5 cell Kel Light. Awesome light for the time! It and I took out our share of windshields and side windows. Even with the impact, I never blew a bulb!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I had the 4-cell Kel Light. It was my first cop light when I was an explorer-cadet in 1979. Back then I thought that light was the greatest flashlight ever made, partly because that's all an explorer could carry for protection. How flashlights have changed along with the emphisis to smaller and brighter. Some of the guys I rode with then didn't bother to carry a light, with one saying "I'm not afraid of the dark".

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
STEVENT6 said:
I feel bad because I spent almost 3 years lurking around before becoming a member.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey...
Hey...
Hey...! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Don`t feel bad about that.

You are just that much smarter than the rest of us!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jollytoker420

Newly Enlightened

Welcome to the CPF!

I've been helped amongst many others here...
Great bunch of guys.