Thor runtime... useable?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering what you all use the Thor for and if the runtime is useable?

With the boost mod it looks like runtime will be chopped in half too. What if you used the boost mod with the low beam. Runtime would be better, and beam whiter. What if you wired the low beam to only go through the lowbeam filament?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
As said in the other thread, you can't rewire the bulb like that.

The Thor is basically for longdistance spotting. But, it does put out a lot of sidespill.

Runtime is 45 minutes to an hour.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotcha, But still I'd like to know what people have used the Thor for other than just shining it around playing with it?

What is runtime on low? I would guess volt boost on low would be ~ 1/2 runtime too.

java_man

Newly Enlightened
I use a 1mc vector when I am walking the dog at night...when the cars come down the street....I lay the pool of light on the road out in front of me..not at the car...but in front on the pavement... and they instinctively slow way down.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
low beam would runtime would probably be around 80-90 minutes as a guess

I don't really know whats it's meant for except to have fun with. Spotting deer while hunting???

theepdinker

Enlightened
Spotlighting deer is among other things illegal, don't go there.

I use my Thor for inspection work mainly.
Makes a great work light in the drive way for small maintenance projects too.

Theepdinker

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
so just spotlighting deer is illegal ?

what if you do not have any weapon or intention of harming a deer other than temporarlly blinding it ?

do they really freeze in their tracks ?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good come back markdi!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But I don't think spotting deer AND having a weapon is illegal everywhere. I may be wrong though.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes they freeze in their tracks. They must be the dumbest animal on this planet. That's why so many cars hit them. They aren't scared off by the cars noise coming down the road. They'll jump/run/walk right in front of it then see the head lights and freeze. Ever heard "froze like a deer in headlights" ?

I've drove along side 5 deer walking along side my car in the road, honking, revving, screaming, clapping, turning up my music, and they all acted deaf!!! I could of reached out and punched one!!!

There are so many out here it's crazy. Going to a town from mine there is "deer park" that's it's name and there are always collisions on the highway through there. And to another town I have to drive to school now. 2 lane road scary as hell. Glad I don't drive at night there, as in the monring driving up there I'll see about 6 dead on the road every time.

I swear the reason deer don't live where there are predators that could hunt them is because they probably did and now are extinct. They have no fear/brain. They'd see one get killed by a pack of lions, and the rest would walk over to check it out!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Ok end rant, stupid over-population deer *mumble*
But yes, they are that dumb. I might try to walk up and catch/ride one someday they are so tame/dumb here.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess you don't like deer!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As a matter of fact, my mom hit a deer 4 nights ago and beat up the car pretty bad.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
And no, I don' live in a small town. It's quite urban, just over run with "critters". I can't even pull into my drive way sometimes there's 4 deer in it and they wont move!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I was having a great time one night going up to a college town ~20mins away. There was girls coming up and talking to be all night everywhere I went, and they were beautiful and nice.

Well, driving back I was in the left lane of a 4 lane Hwy. A deer was spooked and jumped from the median and crashed into my car mid-air. I didn't even see it. My friend was looking at me talking and couldn't even say anything in time. I had no time to react or even see it. Luckily it was cold that night (?) and I had my windows up because normaly I drive with them down and my arm down the side of the door. It hit the front driver's light, and spun around and slamed into the side of the car.

I repaired it all myself so my car wouldn't be totalled, putting in a lot of time and effort. My car runs like new but has high mileage and looks mint, really fun to drive too as I upgraded the suspension.

Parts: headlight, hood, fender, fixed a tear in the bumper, whole new door (was way beyond bondo) & paint, primer, clear. Oh yeah the hood & fender had peeling paint so the (bad) primer had to be removed so the new paint wouldn't peel too. Stripped to bare metal with air craft paint remover. Nasty stuff!!

Safe a Life. Kill a deer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BakerOnFire90 said:
Good come back markdi!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But I don't think spotting deer AND having a weapon is illegal everywhere. I may be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baker,

In some states it's illegal to spotlight game /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif or no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif like where I live /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

Later
Kelly

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what things have you guys done with the Thor?
What would you tell someone when they ask "what do you use that for?

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Before we got our bark at everything that moves, scared of everthing dog the deer used to graze in my backyard at night. I would take a flashlight and sneak out the front door. I would shine the light in their eyes and they would look at me but could not see me. I would take the longest time sneaking up on them all the while shining the light in their eyes while they continued eating. I would get just close enough to touch them and they would start smelling real deep , snorting even, and moving their heads all around trying to figure out what that smell was. About that time I would reach my hand out to touch one of them. I guess seeing a hand and an arm come out of a bright light scared the living crap out them because you have never seen deer move so fast. I am talking there one second and gone the next. Just vanished /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif.
Sometimes I would get real close and put the light up to my face real fast and they would see this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif. Then they were gone real fast.
I guess that is why I never could kill one of the does around here even though I have said every year that I would. They were too much fun to play with.
Well thanks to that yapping dog they dont come into the back yard anymore. I know Sandy is just doing her job, but I kinda miss messing with the deer.