Photons with colored cases

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
Hope they are the same as the black Photon ll.I just bought a blue and a red.I figure at that price ,how can I go wrong.

mekki

Newly Enlightened
My guess is that these are knock-offs
frown.gif

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon does make non-black cases, a friend of mine purchased some deep-blue LEDs with clear cases directly from Photon

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
Here is the reply I got from Photon about the ones I bought off ebay.
These are knock offs. Thank you for the info. We have an agreement with e-bay on intellectual property rights for our products. Thank you very much. Rudy

carbonsparky

Enlightened
I bought some knock offs awhile back. Should of known, the price was to good. At least the price I paid was reasonable for a knock off. I resold some of them. I just made sure I told people they were not getting photons and I tossed the packages with the micro photon label. They don't work as will as photons, the cases are stiff and I had to dink around with them to get some of them to work.
I don't mind seeing the copies as long as the sellers are willing to sell them as what they are.

The one tip off I have noticed is if they show the package, make sure it matches the real thing. The knock offs seem to favor the two piece vacu-formed clear plastic shells like in the Ebay pic.

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
Well I got the blue one.I have to say that it was a surprise.It is as bright,maybe brighter than my photon 3.The beam is more focused and has a better spot.I am pleased with them.