Anyone own a Model 1 Eternalight???

franken2

Newly Enlightened
could you post a pic? i believe mine is called the "classic". purchased around 6/99. been thinking of getting one of the newer models i've read about.

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys - in 1998 we made 16 Model 1 eternalights. We let them get sold without knowing who 10 of the 16 owners were. I'm looking to buy them back now. If you own a Model 1, please let me know, we'll start by offering $250 each. Thanks!

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
MrEternaLight,

I second that, post a pic of the original Eternalight. Also, are the 10 known owners actually selling tham back to you? Just curious.

Any updates on the "AAA" version of the Eternalight for us?
smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
MrEternaLight

I don't know if mine is one of the originals, but I don't want to part with it. It's tiny, stands on end and is probably the best night light ever invented, even though the dimming circuit was rather primitive compared to your current ones

I'm sorry that you felt the necessity of enlarging your lights. A waterproof same or similar size/shape version of the original with upgraded Nichias would be a wonderful, highly pragmatic, functional light.

Really a pity. Can you reveal the reason for your request?

Brightnorm

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... I did buy my original EternaLight in 1998, back when it first came out. Who knows...

I agree though, a picture will be very helpful, plus any ID'ing decals or prints...

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
Guys, there is a picture gallery of our products. Please go to this link at our website. Note: Model 1 have no surface mount parts and no printed membrane - look at pics:

http://www.techass.com/el/photos/photosel.php?ModelX=1

I have only been able to find one owner so far. We are still negotiating for his unit (I shouldn't have told him why we wanted it back).
It sounds like a some of you wouldn't even let it go for $250 - if so - what would it take?

Thanks,
Tom

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Thought I'd resurface this one. Don't know if Tom is still looking for the Model 1 or not. I just purchased a used Model 1.2 (w/printed membrane and surface mount components)...and just wanted to comment on this design...

I do like the way the "Classic" and the newer eternaLights fit in my hand, however due to the size and ease of sitting on end...this "Classic" definitely has it's own place to hold in my torch collection!! I really didn't know how much smaller it was until I received it!

IT'S A KEEPER!! I agree with some comments in another thread about this design. I wish they were still selling this verison as well as the newer ones!

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
Actually, the Model 2 is still being sold but, at a price quite a bit above the others of better value. Simply put, the cost of production on this unit is too high.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, 250 bucks! You guys must want them pretty bad for somereason, unless you just want to collect them!

turbodog

Flashaholic
Ok, YOU should KNOW that you can't just pop in here and say "hi, I want all my original lights back and I'll start the bidding @ $250/". What are the wanted for? Alien anal probe component?

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
We need them to help us chart the rectal temperature of bats during hibernation. Only the Model 1 can do it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
Like Gary Shandling said in "what planet are you from"... "those anal probe guys really freak me out... I mean it's like hello, we've come 20 trillion miles to study your a**".

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
OK, sorry - I didn't read those other posts until now...

If you have a mebrane with printing on it on your original CLassic, then... you don't have a model 1. The model 1 had no membrane, just a black rubber pad. It also did not make use of any surface mount components, all parts were marked thru-hole components. There are photos of this light in our photo gallery on our website. You have to look under dealer literature to get to the photo gallery.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
you mean the units with the built in tricorder werent supposed to get out?
thats one helluva easter egg! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MrEternaLight said:
We need them to help us chart the rectal temperature of bats during hibernation. Only the Model 1 can do it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]