SUREFIRE wish list...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the Maxpedition wish list thread is doing so well, I thought I'd start one regarding my favorite light company!! I'll notify Surefire of this thread and adjust the title accordingly.

I'd like to see a 1 cell version of the G2, I guess it would be called the G1. It would probably be about 25-30 lumens which is great for a small light. Great to wear around your neck, etc. I don't expect them to use an LED because that would infringe on their new EL1. I know theres' the E1E, but thats too expensive for what it is.

Would it be possible to make the 6P in HA? Even for a limited run? Its the quintessential "classy" Surefire, and I can't stand how the finish rubs off on the current ones.

Look into the exploding battery issue...seriously.

Make a side mount polymer holster. The current style is nice, but the light jabs up into your side. At least redesign it so it rides lower on the hip, like a drop mount.

Can you carry more sizes in your apparel? Not eveyone who likes your stuff is 6'5"/260lbs!!

Also, can you start accepting money orders? Being credit card only limits your sales!

Thats' all I have for now. Enjoy!

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'd love to see SureFire release some SureFire Apparel specifically for women. A couple of my friends would love to have "Fear Not The Dark" on their clothes for clubbing.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see the OD green nitrolon color be a little darker - it looks lime now.

About the shirts - oh yes! I would like to see the little white stretch T shirts with the Surefire logo on it.... Maybe black and red too. But that would ROCK!

Mark2

Enlightened
Okay, here's my wish list:

<font color="blue">High output LED light using multiple 3W or 5W Luxeons.</font>
(The L6 is great, but sometimes more light is needed.)

<font color="blue">"Reasonably priced" and commonly available HID light.</font>
(Not a collectors item like the Beast.)

<font color="blue">Surefire-quality very small pocket light.</font>
(ARC AAA replacement)

<font color="blue">Big brother/sister for the M6.</font>
(I hate the fact that there are situations when you have to put away the Surefire and grab a cheap poor quality $25 spot light to do the job.)

AngelEyes

Newly Enlightened
How about an updated or new regulated incand like the A2?

How about crenelated bezels for 6P and the LED bezels?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see the batteries at brick and mortar stores at the same prices as online. Or knock them down to alkaline prices, that'd be nice too.

I'd really like to see a decent SF light, a little bigger than the G2 but the same design idea, that would run on 4AAs, and in the $20 price range. Really help those Maglite owners take a gentle step into the Surefire lifestyle. .

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH yes...

I would like to see the L2 Lumamax smaller. I'm sure it is possible to condense the circuitry down to 2 chips... shouldnt take too much room..

-tom

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clothes.. Yes.
My wife in a Surefire T-shirt... Mmmm, who needs foreplay.
(was that out loud?)
I would like a nice golf shirt myself, maybe a sweatshirt.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
G3

I know Surefire made G3 prototypes and that they are not going to make them, but I wish they did.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1L with a 2 stage output that was the same length as the E1L (or at least noticably shorter than the L1).

jeepinpaul

Newly Enlightened
I have a second vote for an ARC AAA replacement. Maybe a bit brighter with a shorter battery life.

Also an E1L with a reflector rather than the focusing optics.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd definitly like to see a cheaper HID light. Nothing fancy like the Beast, just something with Surefire quality and dependability. Wouldn't even care if it was that brite.

3rd vote for a new Arc AAA. Seems like a very good idea to me. That could make the company a lot of money if they realized what a gap there is in the EDC world without ARCs around.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but SF is a tactical oriented company, though the new KL1 doesn't exactly fit that bill..
HAIII Nat on all their lights please! (HAIII 9P and 6P)
A non TIROS LuxIII KL1 or a LuxV regulated on 1x123

Hans

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mark2 said:
<font color="blue">Surefire-quality very small pocket light.</font>
(ARC AAA replacement)

[/ QUOTE ]

Strongly seconded.

I'd also love to see an 2AA body for the KL1 that is compatible with the E-series of lights, that is accepts the same tailcaps.

In general, it seems to me that given the availability of high power NiMH rechargeables and good chargers AA bodies might well increase the appeal of Surefire lights to people who don't like using CR123s. I for one don't really fancy using CR123s when I'm at home, and there must be plenty of people who feel the same.

Hans

lahjik

Newly Enlightened
An all LED version of the A2 - White LuxIII and colored 5mm LEDs. I love the size and the idea of the high/low coming from different purposed leds. Maybe even a variable high/low on the Luxeon so it would be a combined L2 and A2. Might be harder to control without 2 switches though.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd think that those who don't like 123s probably wouldn't want a light that would only run on "special" AA size cells. Maybe something that runs on "normal" cells, those that everybody from flashaholics to old folks have laying around.

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. KL1, with Lux 3 AND REFLECTOR

2. KL3, with Lux 3 AND REFLECTOR

3. L1 with REFLECTOR

4. Whole line of REGULATED incandescent Surefires

5. Arc AA or Arc AAA size Surefire, but with Luxeon 3 emitter. I prefer Luxeon emitter over Nichia emitter cause Nichia is usually blue tint my opinion says.

6. Simple hiking/walking the dog/long runtime Luxeon light, just one setting but, but at low enough lumens to allow for very long runtime. Maybe 30 lumens for 5 (regulated) hours on either 2 or 3 batteries. I know Surefire is a tactical company, but is asking for one simple (i.e. no multiple brightness settings) Lux 3 or Lux 5 light which uses reflector too much to ask?