how 'bout a replacement for the Arc AA & AAA LED??

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
how \'bout a replacement for the Arc AA & AAA LED??

I finally discovered the world's best wearable led light: the Arc AA or AAA and they're out of biz :-(((((
I ordered a couple gerber/CMG infinity leds.
I saw another AA led that was pricey it was called "David" as in Goliath I think. Sorry to see Peak's legal troubles. i suggested they or someone try to revive the Arc product line. Any ideas on a more powerful, longer running, lighter AA or AAA led light??? It would have to have a removable metal clip for bezel down carry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
Re: how \'bout a replacement for the Arc AA & AAA LED??

cmon somebody must have the answer!?!?

cy

Flashaholic
Re: how \'bout a replacement for the Arc AA & AAA L

I've got an ARC AAA & AA available. Please PM if interested.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi there Storm! Welcome to CPF. I think the PEAK AA 3LED model called the Kilimanjaro has a long runtime and higher output to boot. I thought I saw somewhere that it was over 10hrs and I think the ARC AA is also over 10hrs. The problem is that this 3LED model is discontinued and difficult to get. I just ordered a few. I can get you one if you like. Cost what I paid plus shipping. I wont get them until 2-3 weeks though.

You've probably seen Quickbeams Peak review

The single light ones are still available and they are more like the Actual ARC AA. It looks like the AAA is longer and if brass, heavier.

Another great light is a Magg Solitaire Mod with a Lambda MicroPill. Takes some work and will cost more but WAY better light.

BTW What are your requirements? runtime or output or durability or?

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a Peak Prototype w/ lug style Arc AAA body. It has 3 hi-power LEDs. Is this basically the same as the Kilimanjaro? I ask because I've heard the normal peak has flats on the head, this does not. I also heard the thread were different. Are the circuits different too?