FNG babbling and ????s

wyrm

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I'm getting what I consider my first real LED. UBHII (I think) with a KL1 -old style- and regular pushie/twistie type switch. I have no idea how this light will compare to my E2 (not an E2E) which I have had for 3 years(?). I don't think it will be as bright but will obviously have better battery life and not be affected terribly by droppage, which happened a few times with my E2 until I got a sheath from On/Scene that I am hoping my new light will fit into as well.

My questions are about swapping the head and the switch. Which head will give me the best power (brightness) to battery life? I saw some posts about modding a KL1 but I might as well as ate a dozen Krispy Kremes and drank a case of Jolt Cola!!! What!?!? Just do it and you'll understand the kind of headache I get from trying to understand all the "mod speak"!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So I basically just want to buy/swap my KL1 for a kick butt head (Did I just say "butthead'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) and also get a clickie type switch with a lanyard hole so I can get a cool lanyard too!

Picture010.jpg

Thanks,
D.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Chop can mod your KL1, just send him a PM to get the ball rolling.

I recommend a reflector and a Luxeon III at 500ma to 700ma.

The Z57 is the Surefire clicky, but it doesn't have a lanyard hole.

One of the Aleph tailcaps has a lanyard hole, but it isn't a clicky. It is a two stage switch, which would give you a high beam and a low beam.

Again, send Chop a PM and he can talk you through this.