Arc AAA ear holder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weylan

Enlightened
I have had my ARC AAA since they were originally created and sad to hear that they are now gone. I love it and it works really well. My son may inherit it if WE don't loose it before then.

Currently I am searching for a way to hang or hold a ARC AAA over the ear to be hands free. This would be like a pencil behind your hear, but something that would help me hold it there a little more stable. Any one have pointers? I am using the light to navigate after a baby has gone to bed and not trip over the thin petina (?) of toys on the ground or a cat to wake the baby. But sometimes you need both hands free to change the baby diapers and directed light would be great.

Some kind of holder for a AAA or a CMG infinity is the goal. The use is the same as above.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Try modding a cell phone headset! Some of them are very small! Velcro cable ties might work to hold the ARC to the headset.

stormchaser

Newly Enlightened
if you put a metal clip on it so it's carried "bezel down" you can clip it to you collar, turtle neck, collared shirt etc. it works great!

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're too large for the ARC AAA, but the main problem is that they aim way too high, especially with the small ARC that you're using for close up work. I made my own, but with a swivel and when I use it, it's at about a 45 degree angle.

trivergata

Enlightened
Here's some shots of the ARC AAA neck holster.

alltogether1kx.jpg

I can inset the ARC in backwards (light down) and it hangs from my neck. I've used it for working on cars and walking around ar night. When I lean over something, it puts the light right where my hands are working - very convient!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.