15 MCP Thor In Stock at Natchezss.com!

Dolby

Newly Enlightened
I just got email notification that the 15 MCP Thor is in stock at Natchezss.com.

I just ordered one. $51.63 + $15 shipping = ~$67. I'll let you guy's know how it is when I get it. By the way it's yellow. I would have preferred a black one like someone else on this forum has (I think from Sweden).

Here's the link:

15 MCP Link

Maybe I'll do a HID mod on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lotsalumens

Enlightened
Thanks for the update! I just ordered one too. I've got a 50w ballast that needs a home.

Looks like Northern Tool might have them as well since they have updated the product page, however their price is $30 more.

cfb

BVH

Flashaholic
I wonder if their write-up is correct? It says it has a 100 Watt bulb. I thought the black one shown here on CPF had a 130 Watt bulb?

mqqn

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the info, Dolby! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

best regards -

mqqn

lotsalumens

Enlightened
It looks like the same body as the 10mcp Thor, just with a giant front end stuck on. If so, and if you already have a 10mcp, you could probably just switch bodies. I am going to try this since I have a spare black Thor body from an HID mod that went horribly awry (I didn't have the ballast far enough back and it dented the reflector when I was putting the front on).

cfb

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not think the 11 inch reflector will fit the 10 mcp thor.

does any one know who was making the aluminum d2s to h4 bulb adaptor thingies ?

lotsalumens

Enlightened
Mark, you definitely right about a 15mpc reflector fitting in a 10mcp. That was not quite what I meant, but looking at my 10mcp I see that my idea probably won't work anyway. Guess it'll just have to be yellow.

cfb

thorsider

Newly Enlightened
This one have a extra battery level indicator & 12V socket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

northerntool.com

the price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Dolby

Newly Enlightened
markdi, that Fusion paint looks like a good idea. I wonder how easily it would scratch off though?

My pleasure, mqqn.

I'll be seriously bummed if this doesn't have the 130w bulb, though! If it only has the 100w bulb, I'm assuming it won't be any brighter, just more tightly focused?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Um, no, focus will be the same, you can't get more or less throw, or focus from different wattages of incans. It's all the same, until they get "overdriven".

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheeseheadl, dolby means it will have better throw because it has a larger reflector than the 10mcp one.