Diode rotation, something I noticed that may help

cbfull

Newly Enlightened
When adjusting the diode rotation in my very old greenie (this one looks IDENTICAL to the 105 on the inside), I noticed that turning the focus to a wider beam (I was looking at a spot on the wall about the size of a tennis ball) helped me to find the optimal diode position. As I rotated it slowly around, I noticed the spot on the wall would "eclipse" for most positions, and for some positions it was completely blocked. The spot never dimmed, it only looked blocked by something inside. Only two positions, each 180° apart showed the full beam (circle). One had a very subtle eclipse (it just looked like something inside was blocking the beam), and the other side did not eclipse it at all. This turned out to be the brightest position and I put it back together.

The only reason I spread the beam size out was to make it easier to look at. This might be worth investigating to see if that is what is really happening when those diodes are "rotationally aligned" with the optics.

drpepper1024

Newly Enlightened
Re: Diode rotation, something I noticed that may h

That's a great idea! I've had problems getting my leadlight to form a tight dot, at far distances at least, so I will try this for sure as soon as Lasermod's highly anticipated stage 4 mod comes out and I've got my laser disassembled. Thanks for the info.