Most powerfull led flashlight?

conejo

Newly Enlightened
Which is the most powerfull led flashlight that I can find?

I have seen surefire L6, but only 65 lumens.

Thanks.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
The longest throwing production LED light is the LED eXtreme Predator. The production LED light with the most overall output is the Surefire L2. A number of non-production mods and lights (e.g. Electrolumens and the various Mag mods) will out-throw the Predator but availability is be an issue.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 4x3 watt led 3c mag.
I may start building a few more soon.
DSC00356.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

Otherwise, elektrolumens has a 6x3 watt led flashlight that looks great!

Mark2

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
enLIGHTenment said:
The production LED light with the most overall output is the Surefire L2.

[/ QUOTE ]

The current 100 lumens rating of the L2 is the result of "historical changes", and you should not be surprised if the L2 is suddenly rated at 65 lumens. Surefire is a company like no other, it takes more than a catalogue to "understand" it. Hey, it even takes some background info to understand the catalogue! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back to the question and Surefire LED lights: There's always the Luxeon lottery, but in general, the L6 puts out the most light followed by the U2 and the L5. Then follows the L2 with (maybe) a *slight* advantage over the L4, then come the newest L1, E2L and the X200A followed by older L1s.

The most powerful production LED light is definitely not a Surefire. It's probably a multi-emitter light such as the Barbolight or Tektite TAC12L. If considered a production light, the Inretech Mega6 is another top contender.

Luna

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Back to the question and Surefire LED lights: There's always the Luxeon lottery, but in general, the L6 puts out the most light followed by the U2 and the L5. Then follows the L2 with (maybe) a *slight* advantage over the L4, then come the newest L1, E2L and the X200A followed by older L1s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see an output vs brightness argument brewing again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif