Did I just buy the real Xnova AA, or a copy?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xnova lights are really just copies of the Inova range.

Nowhere near the build quality of Inova but not a bad light for $5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LED Museum Review

woolfam

Newly Enlightened
I don't think there's really an "Xnova" brand, just some lights that are Inova clones. The light you purchased is a great little light. I bought one to give as a gift, showed it to the guys I work with, and we ended up getting about 25 in a group buy. As x-ray said, not a great quality light, but a great buy for the price.

Zigzago

Enlightened
A co-worker went to Beijing recently and I had him look for LED flashlights. He brought back a 1AAA 5LED light similar to the 1AA lights mentioned above but with a slimmer body and slightly flared head.

As others have said, a great light for $5, but I dropped it on the basement floor from waist height and now it doesn't work. So I guess you get what you pay for.

Marc

Newly Enlightened
Drop half a CRV3 in it and you'll be amaze how bright this thing is. Don't know about a 14500 though.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't tell for sure from the photo but looks like the original xnova we had on CPF. There is a "clone of a clone", or cloned Xnova that is different and has different knurlling on the tailcap and I think less recessed bezel ring that some have said isn't as bright.

I just got done modding my titanium colored one with UV leds. Waion was so kind enough to get and sell me.

Modding one of these with 26k mcd leds or the new Nichia 50k mcd leds would be awesome!!

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ad says:
"The light is 2 - 3 times as bright as a 2 AA mini mag type flashlight and maintains this for 6 - 8 hours with an alkaline"

This seems very unlikely to me. Anybody done a comparison?

D

Dae

what you're talking about must be this:
LED-5-Medea.jpg

(I call it Medea V1, more info here)

and this is a better version - just released:
Medea-V2.jpg

(I call it Medea V2, more info here)

I would have provided a much better price if I had come across this thread earlier, so sorry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif