Good Maglite Conversions/Converters??

gjg

Enlightened
Hello All:
Looking for info on the better Maglite conversions or converters. I have several ARC LS's and a few Surefires, but looking for a bigger light as a general utility light. May do the conversion myself, but if I go that way it should be pretty much drop-in.
Looking for:
- 2,3 or 4 C or D cell donor Mag body
- Run on alkaline or rechargeables, nothing too exotic
- Not a real spot beam - want a fairly wide throw
- overall brightness much better than the stock Mag
- LED? for source
- Quality parts
Would prefer to buy a complete converted light from somebody who knows what works well together, but if somebody could guide me through the modding process...

ANY suggestions or recommendations will be appreciated. If you have a light for sale, please drop me an e-mail!

TIA,

Greg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
gjg,
If you are looking for flood and a lot of it in a Maglite, then check out some of the drop in modules for Inretech here.
Check out the reviews at flashlightreviews.com here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, Greg.

For ready-to-swap, I had owned and used the EverLed 1 Watt LED replacement. It took only 1 min to do the swap, and the result is fair. It is certainly much more durable and has longer lifetime than normal bulb, but it only goes really bright when I have 6 cells to power it.(anything less than 4 cells yeilds only just so-so result)

With my limited modding experience, I did make some Lux III and Luv V mod with Georges80(George)'s nflex convertor board; although it is no where nearly as easy as swapping, I do think it is worth all the time and money for making one.

In fact, I think the fun for modding one for oneself far exceed the face value of the components. And for wide beam, decent runtime with good regulation, nflex is a really good candidate for Mag2D(with 8AA to D adapter) Lux V mod.

Just my 2 cents. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif