Best Price on Lightwave flashlights?

tibim

Newly Enlightened
I have a LW4000 and it's a great light. I use it to work on my car so it's been dropped and covered in gunk but held up extremely well. Looks new; very tough light. The leds are not even close to overpowered so it's about as bright as an Inova X4 except that it has 10 LEDs. It runs FOREVER, though. It's supposed to be able to run constantly for one month, and I don't doubt that it could, the runtime is amazing. Only problem is it's really huge, a 3D light. If I were to buy again I'd get the LW 3000, it's alot smaller. I keep the LW4000 around because there's probably no better backup emergency light that I'm aware of.

-tibim

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello ReconTech,

I got my LightWave 4000 on eBay. It was around 38.00. As I remember the 3000's were selling for around 35.00 + shipping.

Tom

arioch

Enlightened
ReconTech:

I have a LW3000; brightness was okay. I dropped it once after I had it for a week; the light fizzled, then died out.
frown.gif
mad.gif

Might want to try the SL ProPolymer 3C here .
smile.gif

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had good luck with my Lightwave 3000. I also paid around $35 on ebay. I recently got the Streamlight 3C. I don't know which is more rugged. The Streamlight is brighter than the 3000 of course, with it's 10 LEDs.

Don't know of any mods. When you try to get more light from a plastic flashlight, you're apt to have overheating problems. Nothing will ruin your day quicker than having the head melt and drop off your eye searing modded flashlight.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Originally posted by arioch:
[QB]ReconTech:

I have a LW3000; brightness was okay. I dropped it once after I had it for a week; the light fizzled, then died out.
frown.gif
mad.gif

QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What?!? That shouldn't happen, from where did you drop it, a three story building?
wink.gif

Seriously the lights are supposed to be reasonably indestructible, (my 4000 has taken its share of punishment) yours must have a serious internal defect. Lightwave offers a three year warranty on their lights, I'd be surprised if they didn't fix you right up.

Lightwave Web Site

Oh, and in answer to the origional question: Ebay. Thats where I got my LW 4000, 2100 and Eternalight. Find what looks like a reputable dealer with an auction and chances are you'll beat the retail sites by $10 or more.