Car dealers are hurting - I saw it first hand.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I trecked over to the Saturn dealership for a small interior part today. I immediately noticed many, many new cars in stock but not a single customer on the lot.

I had to go through the showroom to get to the Parts Dept. - still no customers. The parts guy was trying to keep busy but, on the good side, was able to help me without a wait.

On the way back to my car, I stuck my head into the Service Dept. and there wasn't a single car being worked on! I see this as a testament to the reliability of the brand and nothing else. This part I bought today is the first one in nearly 5 years of ownership.

What does the future hold for car dealers as well as manufacturers?

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
The future looks bleak;my wife quit as a car salesperson several years ago-many customers could not get credit or owed too much on their trade.Also,the market is inundated with good used cars.And with 2.30/gal.gas who wants most of the turkeys that Detroit continues to build?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
F.C. Kerbeck in Palmyra (car dealership by my home) is adequitly filled 90% of the time. I don't know about any others though.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Let's see if DieselDave will pop in here and give us the scoop.

I was last in a new Lincoln showroom about a year ago. At that time stuff was happening.

With diesel 2.19.9 at a cheap place, I'm getting worried.