SureFire A2 "Digital Plus"?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire A2 \"Digital Plus\"?

I was browsing the LED section of the SureFire section on the Tactical warehouse website, and came across this.
http://www.tacticalwarehouse.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TW&Product_Code=A2&Category_Code=LL
At first, I thought it was just another name for the A2. I compared the picture with the A2 on the SF website, and the two were different. There was an engraving that said "Digital Plus" on the one in TW. Did I miss something during the period I was idle on CPF for a while?

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SureFire A2 \"Digital Plus\"?

I think that's just an older A2. I know the clip has since been lengthened, the bezel is now somewhat scalloped, and the current body has three curved "flats."

When they say that nothing stays still at Surefire, I think they mean it.

Scott

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

You've got a point there. I think it was a while ago too when the clips were upside down from its original position, or something about the clip in the wrong place.

Size15's

Flashaholic

SureFire do make changes.
When the A2 was first released, a few, (not very many at all in fact) came with the short pocketclip and etched with "Digital Fusion". Then, the clip was changed to the long one and the name changed to "Digital Plus" since it was to be grouped with other regulated models which were LED rather than a fusion of LED and incandescent.

One of the next changed to the A2 was the TailCap re-design and the inclusion of a TailCap lanyard as standard.

One of the last changes made (most recently) is the body style changing from flat panels to curved panels.

Regarding what "Mags" wrote:
CPF members noticed that the laser etching of some models is round the other way to other models. This was thought of by some as a huge and massive blunder - obviously the left-handed operator covering for somebody on a lunch break needed to be fired (and may be even burnt at the stake).

Quite where we get the time for all this I'm not sure - what with all the white wall hunting!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif