Epoch 4 LED Flashlight

Blackbeagle

Newly Enlightened
I was surfing when I ran across this:

http://www.probuy.net/products/EPOCH4.html

(Sorry, couldn't get the picture to load right.)

"Epoch 4 LED Flashlight
The epoch4 is a new LED Flashlight manufactured by Golight, Inc.. This revolutionary Flashlight incorporates 4 of the worlds brightest LED's which produce 14,000 candlepower. These amazing LED's also have an astounding life expectancy of 100,000 hours and their glow can be seen from 2 miles away! The power source of the epoch4 is generated from 2 3-volt lithium power cells. These batteries are capable of generating 25 hours of continuous power and have a tremendous shelf life of 10 years.

The impact resistant casing features a rubber cushion grip and an aperture for lanyard attachment. A "click" on/off twist switch is implemented for reliable mode operation. The epoch4 comes completely sealed for weather resistance.

SPECIFICATIONS / FEATURES 4 Ultra Bright LED's. LED Life Over 100,000 Hours. Powered By Two 3-Volt Lithium (included). Over 25 Hours Continuous On. Twist On/Off Switch Mechanism. Lanyard Included"

Oh yeah, $30 USD.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just can't get beyond the look of that flashlight. Anyone sees that laying around your house and people might begin to talk.
wink.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Craig, though I've read about it "here and there", I look forward to one of your informative reviews on this little torch.

I wonder why it didn't illuminate at full brightness initially? Sounds like a cap needed charged? (Didn't vibrate did it?
grin.gif
)

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's just the nature of the Epoch... It's not that bright. My Inovas (both X5 and X5T) beat it easily. An Arc-LS beats it easily. Even a Reactor with regular alkalines beat it handily. The ground connections need work. It's not that bright, and its form factor, or body material, leaves much to behold. It just feels "cheap" in my hands. And because it's sucking off of 2x123s, I'd rather use those precious commodities on an X5 or E2e/KL1...

[EDIT]: Seeing that it's 4LEDs, I grabbed my Lightwave 2100, also with 4LEDs, compared them side by side, and the Lightwave is definately brighter...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I got one of these while I was at the nursing home - good thing I didn't open it up there!
wink.gif

My roommate would probably looked over to me all funny. And never mind the nurses that brought shots or trays of food.
smile.gif

When I finally did open the package and feed it batteries, it lit up less brightly than an Arc-AAA
shocked.gif
until I turned it off & on several times. Then it lit up the way it's supposed to.
grin.gif

I have a couple of other lights to do first, but the Epoch-4 will get its own page on my site before too long.