How to remove Nuwai 0.5W 1AAA and 2AAA heads?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif Extreme work obligations (as in the OTHER work, not modding) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif have kept me from doing much posting for several weeks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Anyway, I finally have a few moments to post something and need help from all you folks who have already explored those nifty little Nuwai 0.5W 1AAA and 2AAA flashlights. I have mods pending on both those, but don't know how to remove the heads cleanly! Since the surface is pretty slick and there's seemingly nothing to grip onto (and the anodizing is type 2 rather than HA3), I need some advice on getting these puppies opened cleanly. Could somebody who's already accomplished this please offer your wisdom? MANY THANKS!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd think a heat gun and some very gentle pressure from something that's not going to burn or scratch the surface. I'd use a big pair of leather gloves, myself. .