LED give BMW's accent

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LED give BMW\'s accent

Oh..... I think that has been done a while back in the aftermarket fog light department. They had a set called angel eyes where the ring of the fog light can be changed from red, green ,blue or white at the flick at a switch.

Donovan

Enlightened

Too bad BMW's styling and even their entire design philosophy has completely gone in the toilet! BMW USED to be all about the "ultimate drivers machine". Everything in their design was to help (not distract) the driver. Nice timeless designs that look great even years later. Now they have butt ugly fad styling that looks like a Pontiac/Hyundai love child… Even the interior is no longer the wonderful ergonomic simplicity it once was. It has turned into an ergonomic nightmare with things like I-drive and dashes that no longer wrap around the driver. What used to be a simple turn of a dial is now 3-4 levels deep in a menu. That kind of thing would have been unthinkable a few years ago! If Mercedes/AMG would only offer a manual gearbox and improve their handling, they would steal a huge amount of buyers away from the "new" BMW…

OK, off my rant! Return to your regularly scheduled programming!

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

What I think would be cool is if the outer most lights, the rear parking lights and front turn signals glowed while the car wa off so if it was parked in a dark area someone could se the outline of the car or the edges in case you park on a street.

JohnJ80

Enlightened

I've driven BMWs for years. Great cars. Now, I have to get a new car and looking at the new 5 series, I'm thinking it must be BMWs successful market share reduction program. Geez, they are butt ugly! Worse than that, the new 5 series wagon that is due to be available this summer with all wheel drive would be the perfect car for me.

J

nolight

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
JohnJ80 said:
I've driven BMWs for years. Great cars. Now, I have to get a new car and looking at the new 5 series, I'm thinking it must be BMWs successful market share reduction program. Geez, they are " butt " ugly! Worse than that, the new 5 series wagon that is due to be available this summer with all wheel drive would be the perfect car for me.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

rwolff

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]

Now they have butt ugly fad styling that looks like a Pontiac/Hyundai love child

[/ QUOTE ]

That comment about the current BMWs is an unwarranted insult. As a Hyundai owner, I expect an apology. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iddibhai

Enlightened

cobb, EU-spec have been doing the same for ages. you either turn the headlight dial to L or R, or in BMWs case, set the turn signal lever to R or L. the turn lamps on that side of the car stay lit up dimly. useful cuz the streets are narrow in the Old Country.