streamlight dependabilty

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have a streamlight sl35x have had it since 1994 has never let me down. in that time, the only thing i have had to replace is the battery. I currently own three of them. Also have a maglite rechargable that i have given to my son also very dependable. I am considering buying another maglite rechargable for myself. I guess i love flashlights. It all got started when I bought my first 4 d cell maglite. I have'nt stopped since.

Size15's

Flashaholic
You don't carry all three SL35X's at the same time on your personage do you?!
shocked.gif

You'd need some sturdy braces for your belt I suppose!

Al
tongue.gif

Velcro

Enlightened
I don't own a SL-35X, nor have I ever had the pleasure to hold one in my hands. But judging from pictures on the Net and from what I've seen on TV, it is one hell of a cool, powerful, mean, tough looking flashlight! I guess it isn't called the "big daddy" of all Streamlight's for nothing.
grin.gif

I would loooooove to see a side-by-side comparison picture of this light with other torches.

Greetings,
Velcro

D

**DONOTDELETE**

well i have one mounted in my truck use it every day. one i keep on my nightstand at home. the third is for parts. that is if something doe's go wrong i can fix it on the spot. not that anything has. streamlights are very easy to work on have had mine apart several times. Simple from maint. thru switch replacement. standard maglites are simple also. but can't figure out magcharger. need help on that one.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Streamlight makes great products.

My rechargeable Stinger is 4 yrs old and still puts out big-time.

Clark
grin.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlashlightDude:
Streamlights seem more reliable than SF's per my experience over the years with both brands - but I'm sure that the "loyal E-2'ers" will jump my case - as they're blind to any other brand as a real competitor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aw Shucks ! Now you've blown my cover !!

Look, I love my GM E2. I also love my silver 3D Mag-Lite. Those are two totally different animals, and I love them both.

I have a strong preference for the SF torch range in the high $$$'s sector of the market. It may verge on the irrational, but I hope not.

I'm also looking forward to the arrival of my Legend LX. I think that without the rubber grips, it's a classic style, with a lot to offer at the price.

So I'm a lightfreak - I like torches.

For some reason, the Streamlight range has never held much appeal for me. I'm sure that they're good lights, and the SL20 is a classic, the SL35 is very bright, but the "House" design and production values don't excite my senses ......

Back on topic, what are the actual reliability problems you've had, with both the Streamlights and the SureFires ?

The detail interests me !

lightlover
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Streamlights seem more reliable than SF's per my experience over the years with both brands - but I'm sure that the "loyal E-2'ers" will jump my case - as they're blind to any other brand as a real competitor.
blush.gif

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
I have a stinger that I have used for the last 9 years as a full-time LEO. All I have had to do is replace the batery once. I also have an SL-20 that is the same age. It doesn't see as much use as the Stinger though. Hard to beat Streamlight for dependability.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I agree -- my Stinger is at least 3 yrs old on the same rechargeable battery.

Never fails me!
smile.gif