black E1E seeking black KL1/KL4 or brighter incan

attowatt

Enlightened
Hi all,

I did a search for this and am unable to bring up any info.
I hope this is posted in correct forum, if not please forgive me and relocate.

Just purchased this E1E from local store and am intersted in more output.

1.Does anyone know where I can get a black KL4/KL1 head?
2.What about a brighter replacement bulb, that puts out more than 15 lumens?

dsc007615gh.jpg

dsc007634ux.jpg

dsc007647pc.jpg

I know if I go with a brighter incan bulb the battery life will be diminished, estimate "on" time will be 45 seconds then off.

Thanks,
Jim

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: black E1E seeking black KL1 or brighter incan

Ask around for a Strion bulb then use a R123, it should double the output and have about 15 minutes of run time...

I would go with a KL1 but have never seen a black one around...

Size15's

Flashaholic

SureFire make a black (HA) KL4 bezel for the M600A ScoutLight.
You can try calling SureFire and seeing whether they will sell you one by itself.

As for a Black (HA) KL1 - I don't believe I have seen one of those.

Al

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
You can try calling SureFire and seeing whether they will sell you one by itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Uh oh. I am having visions of a black L4 LumaMax - actually an E2D with that KL4. And I imagine it won't come cheap...

Gotta love Surefire's HA-BK process. U2 owner speaking..

attowatt

Enlightened

Thanks 270winchester, and chevrofreak, I will go this route if all else fails on the M600a, as I am not familiar with the r123... i understand it is a rechargeable lithion. Can I still use sf123a on this incan setup or will it damage the bulb

[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Al ,

thanks for the info..
I called sf today they want $375 for the m600a and as far as the Black KL4(solo) it is not negotiable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I am thinking about buying 600a and piecing out what I dont need. Also the the 600a comes with both the UE07 tape switch, as well as the Z68 pushbutton(same as the E2D)

KevinL : You read my mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... I have the E2D as well as the newly acquired E1E black and am counting ... 28,652 pennies... 28,653 pennies 28,654 pennies...

Jim

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Perhaps an Aleph head in black would do you nicely? An Aleph2 with a luxIII or luxV? I know I've seen them done in black before.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: black E1E seeking black KL1 or brighter incan bulb

Send E1e bk bezel to Chop for his EXE mod. Then run an Aleph LE with a NexGen 500 TWOJ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

attowatt

Enlightened
Re: black E1E seeking black KL1 or brighter incan bulb

Does any one have pictures to show this or a thread i can link to, to see pics as well as beamshots?

Also will the aleph mod be as bright as kL4 head after I do this:

Beamhead said :Aleph LE with a NexGen 500 TWOJ

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Jim

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

$375 for the scout light. Holy COW.. *moo*

The next alternative is to get it "Chopped". He's a great guy and can bore out the ExE bezels to fit the Aleph light engine, from there you can choose whatever combination of LED, electronics package and perhaps even reflector that you want. This trick works on ExE bezels and sadly not on satin gray/gunmetal Executive Surefires. I agree with all that's been said about "send it to Chop".

The only problem with the nice SF colors is that everything else comes in HA so you can't mix n match.

seattlite

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
attowatt said:
Does any one have pictures to show this or a thread i can link to, to see pics as well as beamshots?

Also will the aleph mod be as bright as kL4 head after I do this:

Beamhead said :Aleph LE with a NexGen 500 TWOJ

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]
Below is what I did with my E1E-BK. Throws farther than the E1E-HA/KL4, but produces a little less light output than the Lux V. I also had "chop" build me a Aleph 2/BB750/VXOS Lux V which should mate nicely with the E1E-BK for more flood. So, it depends whether you want throw or flood.

E1E-BK/Aleph 1/Lux III/Wiz2-1000/TXOJ/R123/E2D-tailcap
E1EB-E1EHA.jpg

TOP:Aleph 1/Lux III/Wiz2-1000/TXOJ Bottom:KL4/R123
TXOJ-L4.jpg

attowatt

Enlightened

Thanks for the pictures seattlite. How close were flashlights when you took these pics ? I like the flood the KL4 has (I have 2), is the Aleph 2/BB750/VXOS Lux V that Chop built for you close to the "wall of light" the KL4 produces?

Concerning LED(which is what I am leaning torwards):
I am ok with HA, and not having matching HA-III's but would like the flood feature.

Jim

TheSteve

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

The picture on the Surefire website looks like the standard OD KL4 head on a black body, have you actually seen a KL4 in black? If so I must have one!

seattlite

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
attowatt said:
Thanks for the pictures seattlite. How close were flashlights when you took these pics ? I like the flood the KL4 has (I have 2), is the Aleph 2/BB750/VXOS Lux V that Chop built for you close to the "wall of light" the KL4 produces?

Concerning LED(which is what I am leaning torwards):
I am ok with HA, and not having matching HA-III's but would like the flood feature.

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]
Jim,

The light output of the VX0S/BB750/Aleph 2 is just a little more(20% more from my Meterman LM631 measurements) than my KL4(YMMV due to lottery). The KL4 has a little more flood than the Aleph 2.

Richard

attowatt

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
TheSteve said:
[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

The picture on the Surefire website looks like the standard OD KL4 head on a black body, have you actually seen a KL4 in black? If so I must have one!

[/ QUOTE ]

TheSteve: I Talked to SF yesterday and today, 2 different cust. svc reps... they assure me(as they each had an m600a nearby) that the head and the rest of body is black ha III. Person I talked to today said the only part that is od green is the M75 rail mount that attaches to weapon.

Richard: I appreciate the information you have posted, as 20% more light and the wider flood from KL4 means for me , I can go either way. Good thing is I have the weekend to contemplate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

Jim

attowatt

Enlightened

Yippee aye yea
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif

WoW... it helps to know people in HIGH places.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Check This Out: I called up this guy out of the blue... we start talking, and the next thing you know... Fedex knocks on my door 2 days later(actually 36 hours) .

YEE HAA

New EDC:

Black TW4 HA-III. Not HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... HA_III
dsc008485re.jpg

Dan from TACTICAL WAREHOUSE, YOU ARE THE MAN !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

If you can't find what you are looking for... call Dan the Man. He can hook you up. Made me feel like I was the most important person. Was very polite, prompt, and courteous. I think we talked for almost an hour. Some places you call, just want your money cause your wasting their time.

Not Dan.

Oh yeah: little trivial....

Anyone know what the acronym TW in TW4 stands for?

Jim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow.. That's Very Nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You now need to convert that tailcap to a 2 stage using one of McGizmo's Aleph resistor package. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TW = TACTICAL WAREHOUSE, since Dan is the one who actually started selling KL4 heads with the E1/E1E as a package. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif