Which flashlight would you pick for 1st Prize?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you were asked to pick the flashlight for 1st Prize in a contest on CPF, which flashlight would you pick?

Britt

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Granted there are a LOT of FINE creations of ART from our own members here at the CPF...but I actually hate to use some of them!

They are indeed more like "collector's pieces" to me. Additionally it's hard to afford some of these, especially if I'm hesitant to use them, may scratch them or something! It's like using an expensive painting for a "post-a-note" to me!

Therefore I have to vote for a SureFire U2!! They are a quality torch, well built, lifetime warranty - a real user that produces, and one that I wouldn't mind using!

...and I don't have one, but I'd sure like to win one!

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS ultimate-60.

aleph 1x123 with 750 or higher nex gen,two stage trim switch.

jil lite 1.3

fire-fly II with both 123 CR2 bodes

SF TW4
and so many other's........... VDG

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Under $100- E2 or Ubin equipped Nuwai QIII
$100-200- Surefire A2
$200-300- Tiger11 or Surefire M3
$300-400- Surefire M6
Over $400- The Beast!!!

Bill

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about an L4? Its been one of the most well talked about SFs and is used without care for scratches. Nobody keeps an L4 unused. An unused L4 is just wrong. We all talk about how we use it for campin and keepin it in the car and its great tolerance with the Pila 168S. If you were to provide one as a prize, nothing can beat an L4 with a nice box of 123s.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are all good ideas, I had forgotten all about the Surefire U2. It's difficult to narrow it down to just one. Sort of a "if I could have only one..." in reverse.

Lots of fellahs are viewing this thread but aren't leaving their ideas. If you're having a hard time deciding, maybe pick the light that you'd like to win in a contest tonight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to win an A2 so I could compare it to my Pila GL2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigbjoern

InFlux

Enlightened
Blast from the Past- "Mr. X"

Present Unobtainium- TnC Lithium Lux V (X bin in a AA KeyLux)

The Future Is NOW- McLuxIII-PD

I'd prefer something you couldn't buy "off the rack".

cy

Flashaholic
If I had to pick one light that will knock your socks off.... It would be MR-X X3T!

A single LED light that puts out more lumens than Surefire M6 lola, 45 minutes in regulation, then lots more runtime. all this with 6x nmh AA's.

did I mention it's the throw king for LED lights.

but my pick for first prize goes to Li14430/CR2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
I am not sure that these count, 'cause they are spotlights, but if I was going to win a light, I would hope that it was the Beast, or a MegaRay!!

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vote for one of our own members fine creations, something for the shelf.
If it is a contest that involves contestants "buying" tickets then price is no option.
If it is coming out of your pocket then something creative as you always do, or something from a "local" that way maybe they can help take a bit of a bite out of the cost too..
Or, to save everyone the aggrivation of trying to win a contest just send me the M3-T or M6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
That's Piper with a capitol "Pyd" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif .

emrbrtn

Enlightened
haha, sorry about that Piper thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif