The best place to buy headlamps?

supes

Enlightened
I've seen varies places sell some stuff but not all of it. REI and Brightguy seems to have the biggest variety but I know there's got to be a better place for better prices. I'm looking at buying 2 headlamps for everyday tasks to hiking and mountain biking. I'm thinking about getting a PT Corona and Petzl Zippka Plus but that Petzl Myo XP and Tikka XP are looking really good, but I want to get at least one headlamp for now. I need a good close to medium range LED based lamp with lots of runtime and flood. Thanks

marklein

Newly Enlightened
Ebay is a good place to get Chinese rip offs of some lights, if you're adventurous like that. There's a generic version of the Yukon HL on ebay all the time for less than $20.

ckcanon

Newly Enlightened
Start with this review page to determine what's important in your selection:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews_index/reviews_index_headlamps.htm

The bottom of each detailed review also gives a source for the light. I narrowed the choices down to (for AA lights) the Princeton Tec Yukon HL, and (for cr123 lights) the HLX-712L. Each one offers outstanding output and excellent run times. The Yukon uses cheaper batteries but is heavier and has a battery pack on the back of your head (not so good for reading in bed). The HLX-712L has superior output but uses more costly batteries.

mrme

Enlightened
Sportsman's Warehouse has a lot of good lights if you have one in your area. They also have a pretty decent selction of spare bulbs.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also e-headlamps.com, a sister site of Pocketlights.com. They seem to have a good selection of headlamps too. And no, I'm not affiliated with either of them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif