Surefire L6 Lumamax & Pila 150S

Kilted

Enlightened
So I was under the impression that 2 x Pila 150S would fit in SureFire L6 Lumamax. It turns out the Pila's are 3.5-4mm to long and the tail cap assembly bottoms out without making all the required electrical contacts.

Is there another clickie tail cap out there that will replace the standard and allow the Pila's to work?

Thank you =D~~ Kilted

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Pilas in a L6 but I've got the extra spring that is also used in Surefire M3 conversions. JS Burly's has them.

-LT

Kilted

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lunal_Tic said:
I use Pilas in a L6 but I've got the extra spring that is also used in Surefire M3 conversions. JS Burly's has them.

-LT

[/ QUOTE ]

Some more details would be appreciated. I went to Burly's and found nothing.

Thank you =D~~ Kilted

wei

Newly Enlightened
I think 3 rechargable 16340 cells also a good choice, KL6 suitable for M4 body, so,
Voltage:3*16340 Li-ion cell:3*4.2V=12.6V
4*CR123A cell:4*3.24V(brand new surefire)=12.96V

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Kilted,

The spring goes around the stock spring in the head. The spring will sometimes be stuck around the Pila when I take the batteries out to charge, but it doesn't hurt anything.

My L6 wouldn't work with Pilas and the switch that it came with, but it works with all of the other switches that I've tried, including another Z58 off of a L5. I swapped switches with the L5 & L6 and now they both work with Pilas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I read that one of the guys got his L6 to work with Pilas by backing out the head a little.

Kilted

Enlightened
Thanks Hoghead,

After being point to the correct end of the flashlight. I seen what happens, the Pila sticks through far enough that the big spring on the KL6 head is suppose to make contact with the barrel. The Pila being too long lifts the spring off of contact with the barrel. The proper fix would be for Surefire to adjust their springs to accomadate the Pila - Fat Chance.

I went to the hardware store and found a spring almost the right size, Pila fit nicely in the end, and then bent and cut the spring to fit. This is also known as forming! This dropped into head end making contact with the body allowing the Pila to slide up inside. A machined sleeve would also work.

I also noticed the clickie did not work very well - tailcap to tight. I put a piece 14 gauge copper wire formed into a spacer into the tail cap. Now the clickie works smoothly and the KL6 head is tight on the body.

Thanks for the info. =D~~ Kilted