how to attach a lanyard to a AA mag witha clickie

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
ok folks thats the question. How do I put a lanyard on a mm Mag with a clickie. I have the niteIze led and want to use the clickie switch but don't know how to attach a lanyard to it. so any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Rm

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Re: how to attach a lanyard to a mm mag witha clickie

icicle hitch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened

Solar Flare
Not a bad idea althought I think if i was going to tie it I'd used a clove hitch which I've done on the 2c mag. I was hoping for somthing a little cleaner for the MM.Thanks tho.

SolarFlare

Enlightened

To be honest I haven't got a clue what a mm Mag etc. looks like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif I just said icicle hitch cause its the only knot I know of that can grip a cylinder properly or an icicle for that matter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. if ya want a knot that looks nice but might pull off under pressure try a square turks head or a simpler 4 lead 5 bight turks head

Makarov

Enlightened
Re: how to attach a lanyard to a mm mag witha clic

[ QUOTE ]
Reptilezs said:
http://www.themartialist.com/pecom/koppowrap.htm

[/ QUOTE ]
I've actually tried that on my MM, and thought about making a version with only 2 or 3 turns around the body near the switch(dunno any other way to explain that in english) so that I can fasten a lanyard and also to get a better grip when holding the light like a Z2

DaveT

Enlightened
Re: how to attach a lanyard to a mm mag witha clic

There is, or at least was, another solution to this problem.

tsg68's "L.A.R."

Unfortunately, the links to photos are all dead links. On the second page of the thread, there's a photo of a surefire, and the item on that looks very similar to what tsg68 brewed up. He made a limited run of them, 20 or so?

I sold my Minimag host with the "L.A.R." on it about a year or so ago - maybe a current owner of one of these could post a current picture of it. Really, a very helpful item and once you put one of these and a split ring on, you can attach anything - lanyard, BP Miniclip, glowtube, etc.
Dave