• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Original McLux TK #146

r2

Enlightened
I'm selling my McLux TK #146. As I recall, this is the lowest serial number (or close to it--I couldn't find the original list to confirm this) of those shipped to people outside the US.

For those who don't know, the McLux TK is a limited run light, and one of the first fully machined custom lights to be offered on CPF. It is driven by a single CR123 cell with a BB400 driver and a Q3 LS. It has a flood reflector and was designed to be the perfect light for indoor use. There is a bit of glow powder around the emitter to help locate it in the dark, and recessed clicky switch (it stands easily on its tail). I replaced the original plastic lens with a B270 glass lens, and I've also replaced the large O-ring on the outside, as the old one was starting to crack.

This light shows general signs of use, but it has been almost exclusively an indoor light and there are no major signs of abuse. The most obvious sign of age is that the finish has gradually darkened to a smoky grey color, probably due to hand oils (I don't really know for sure what causes it, but it doesn't happen where the clip covers the body). I don't know if this is something that can be polished off, or if it's a permanent reaction with the finish. I haven't tried to do anything with it because I like the antiqued look that it gives. There are also a few scratches on the clip.

I've gone through somewhere between 5 and 10 battery changes with it, so that should give some indication of how much it has been used. Functionally, it is still in perfect condition. I haven't had any problems with it, and everything inside looks new. The o-rings are all in great shape (as I mentioned, I replaced the exterior one with a new one a month or two ago) and there are no signs of corrosion or other problems around the battery contacts.

This is a beautiful light and one I'm reluctant to part with, but my wife and I are both students and can't really afford to keep luxury items. I'm asking $150 by paypal (no credit card transactions, please, as mine is a noncommercial account) including airmail shipping to the US, Canada, or Europe. If you want it shipped somewhere else or need a different payment method, contact me to work out details.

The first person to post "I'll take it" gets it, even if there are other pending questions/PMs. I'll try to answer questions quickly, but I know there have been problems in the past so I just want to be clear about procedure. You can PM questions, but email will probably get to me faster.

Thanks,

Russ