Post a pic of the ridiculously high gas price

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
This idea came to mind when I read that post a while ago about high gas prices. If you have enough time on your hands (Like I do) to take a picture of a high gas price and post it, you are welcome to do so here. I was lazy to start it, and I knew I would forget about it again so I just decided to post before I can get a picture. Theres a gas station next to my church so I will try to snap a picture of the price on the way tommorrow. I understand that its strange to see a 12 year old talk about gas prices, but its such an unavoidable topic these days. Why I myself remember the days of 1.60 and 1.70 a gallon.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I'd love to help you out, but I really don't recall what the current prices are. I'd have to drive a mile to the nearest station to find out.

I last filled the tank in late april, and it's only been driven 200 miles since then. At this rate I'll have to look for a gas station sometine in July, maybe August. Who knows what gas will be by then. I drive a Prius. Doesn't use much gas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I remember I bought gas when it was 25 cents a gallon. I was too broke to actually buy it, but the girls who ran the local gas station would let me drain the hoses after people filled their tanks. My motorbike had only a 1.5 gallon tank, so it only took an hour to fill it that way.

Next time I run past the gas station I can grab a picture.

Daniel

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Gas is probably cheap here compared to most places so I wouldn't be able to get a high price.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should go out and take some photos this afternoon. Wish I had my 200mm zoom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (55 will have to do.. darnit)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my pentax k1000 has a 210 mm lens but it has a 2x adapter so i guess thasts 400.but sadly i dont drive so id have to take pics of food since its what makes me drive lol caleries

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember to fill both tanks.....YOURS, before the car's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ridiculously high? I think the prices are reasonible with inflation and prices of everything else. I rather we have those who complain about high gas prices explain why they arent as fisically responsible or environmentally responsible as the rest of us and how they need to rearrange their priorities to afford a few cents a gallon increase.

ANyhoo, its around 2 bucks a gallon here, but I pay 2.25 a way on the paratransit service. Its been that price the past few years i have lived here, except for a few months this year when they increased it a quarter. GRTC lowered their fares shortly afterwards, part was compliants, others were the fact it was highly elastic. The demand dropped off and they lost more money than they made and or collected, not sure if they actually turn a profit.

B@rt

Flashaholic
duh.gif

I'll see if I can take a pic of the prices we have to pay tomorrow, guess I'll have to toss in the rest of the family as well though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
Hey Bart,

What city do you live in? I'm in Oss right now doing to work.

The gas here is a lot more expensive than in the US. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Driving on the Autobahn is very cool though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Oss? Wow, that's pretty close to me! I'm about about 40 km west of you, in Drunen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Are you going to be there long? If so, feel free to come by. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris_Medico

Newly Enlightened
I'm headed home Wednesday but I'll be back on the following Monday for a few more weeks.

I've got a rental car so I'm fairly mobile. I'm staying at the best western.

I could really use some advice on finding better and cheaper places to eat. The food certainly isn't bad but I'd love to find a simple diner kinda place.

Chris

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn;t have the camera with me today, but prices were:
Unleaded: 86.7p/litre.
Diesel: 88.7p/litre.
Shell Optimax: 89.7p/litre.

...so let's work that out properly. US gallon is 3.785 litres - so that's £3.28, £3.35 and £3.39 per litre.

Current exchange rate is $1.81/£

So that's (per US gallon), Unleaded: $5.94, Diesel: $6.06, and Optimax (which is basically a fancy unleaded - not sure how it's fancy, but it is...supposedly): $6.13.

Will grab a photo to back that up when I go past the station tomorrow if I get a chance.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARRRRGHHHHHH my car took a different route, so I cant post it yet.... I will try soon enough.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Mags said:
Why I myself remember the days of 1.60 and 1.70 a gallon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mags, I think you remember prices lower than that....much lower. I'm only two years older than you and I can can remember when it was in the 80 - 90 cents a gallon range in your area. I can understand why you may not remember though. If you think gas prices aren't very important to someone who is 12, maybe you flat out didn't care at age 8. lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for New Jersey, well, I'm feeling pretty happy with the $1.89 a gallon my dad got yesterday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, let me add (just to make everyone even MORE jealous) that we get our gas pumped for us in NJ....no getting out of the car, and having the cheapest gas in the country....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (sorry)

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grrrr and we here are dying from the 2.30s and over.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH, I remember the days of 80 to 90 cents a gallon! I was driving a 1984 honda accord during that time. I could fill up the tank for $8!

That same car later caught fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was an electrical fire and I will take this opportunity to tell you that it doesn't matter how many fire extinguishers you empty under the hood it will keep re-lighting until you disconnect the battery.

Cost me $640 to get the wiring harness that caught fire replaced so that I could trade it in on a new car and get $350 on the trade in! Yuck, what a mess...