Got caught in the dark... ugh!

Ikonomi

Enlightened
Live and learn.

The power went out in my office today, and all the halls were pitch black. No problem for a CPF member, right? Well, I was carrying nothing. Not even a keychain light.

Man, I felt stupid. I had to resort to my cell phone screen to navigate the halls. I'm never going out without a light again. Talk about a lapse of judgment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

At least I got to go home early.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
You usually feel, or get people looking at you like you're stupid for carrying a light all the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I bet you were sick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif. I take a light to the fridge incase the bulb has gone, nevermind to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Greg is so right, you could of been a hero there Ikonomi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is bad, yup...
I know it will happen to me someday, but not soon.. I bring a light into the shower, at 10am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
On a normal day I have at least 3 lights on me, if my wife purse is within reach you can add 2 more to that (she only knows about one). Yes, I am a sick individual.
The difference between my work and yours is that I have to carry one to do my job, if it wasn't for that then I would probally have an off day.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
Next time you'll know better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember, Ikonomi, "one = none & two = one". A good keychain light is so small you won't notice it. One of your other pockets could confortably hold an AAA or N cell light. Don't just count on one light.

Due to the nature of my job I carry four lights and don't notice them until I need them. Without A working EDC I would have been in jeopardy several times.

Reaper

Enlightened
Not even a small keychain light with you. That's sad. Guess you have to turn in your CPF membership now, ha ha ha.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Reaper said:
Not even a small keychain light with you. That's sad. Guess you have to turn in your CPF membership now, ha ha ha.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right, Sasha might ban you for this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

All you can do is learn from this, next time you will have a light.

Reaper

Enlightened
On second thought-----

Which is worse? Not having a light AT ALL or having one just to discover that the battery is dead?

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
well at least you had your cell phone screen, i hope you had the MakeLight.jpg on it, so you could turn it into a light.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
VidPro said:
well at least you had your cell phone screen, i hope you had the MakeLight.jpg on it, so you could turn it into a light.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is that and where can I get it?

Canuckle

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
[ QUOTE ]
VidPro said:

[/ QUOTE ]
What is that and where can I get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably just a JPG of a white background used as a screensaver/desktop.
The phone will throw out lots of light displaying a white picture.

Simplicity itself!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aww, look on the bright side. Now is the time to get *REALLY* mad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif and then use it as an excuse to rush out and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif for some uber powerful top of the line variable power blaster that you would ordinarily never even consider paying that amount of money.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or...

...he could have had one, turned it on and got his arm torn off by people freaking out trying to get the only light source in the building. People with clastrophobia tend to do react that way.

Start with the keychain light and if people react properly and let you guide them out, then you can switch to the more powerful choices.

Jeff

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i bought a nokia 5140 mostly cause it has a flashlight built in it. of course i wanted a new phone as well and i like nokia better then any others. got my phone and a flashlight for EDC plus serveral photons (3 different colours) on my keychain.
i never leave home without them~

maybe you can keep a couple minimags in your office next time and save the day for someone. of course next time you'll have your own "good" light on you to use for yourself only and not worry about losing those maglites to ppl.