Benny

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: POP2 Drop in pill SureFire E1E-HA Executive E

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bump.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not if you mean a sandwich using a Luxeon. The hole in the reflector is too small to fit a Luxeon, so you can't just "drop in" a pill (until 5mm LEDs get WAY more powerful...) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bummer,

What about the KL1 Head,is it possible to put a pill in there
?

Benny

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

KL1 mods have been done, although I dont know why one would want to change out the already decent electronics. For most surefire mods, you should contact Chop, Tyler, McGizmo, Darrel, and many others.

NetMage

Enlightened

Chop will mod the E1E head to hold an Aleph LE - which you can then have built from most converters.

I just had him make me a POP2 Aleph LE to fit in an E1E head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanx,

I will contact him then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

You dont know chop? He is the master of modding (one of them).

-David

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

pipesmoker, go to "CPF modder's Yellow Pages", a sticky thread in Custom B/S/T forum, for info on chop and other modder's works.

Bill

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast

As others have said, a Luxeon drop-in will be too large to fit the original E1e reflector. However, you should take a look at this drop-in that I made from a high flux 5mm LED. It's not nearly as bright as a Luxeon, but it's a lot brighter than a standard 5mm LED.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

morpheus,

If you are looking to mod an E1e, you will have to decide what battery route it is that you want to take. If you plan to use li-ion cells exclusively, then the POP2 circuit is a viable option. If you want to be able to use primary cells, then you'll have to opt for one of the boost converters.

You can obtain at least two levels of light utilitzing one of a couple of dimming options.

The most cost effective way of modifying an E1e is to add a KL1 head to it. There are mixed reviews with the newer ones. The newer KL1 is one of those things that you either love or hate. The beam of it is characterized by a rather large hotspot with little to no sidespill. If you are looking for something with a more conventional beam, the you could go with an older KL1 and have it modified to increase the current to the LED.

Of course, the smallest mod would be to modify your E1e head to accept a reflector of some sort and an Aleph light engine. This mod is the most flexible, since the light engines are interchangeable. I've been EDCing a modified E1e for about a year now and I love it. Mine is a direct drive mod running a TWOK luxeon on a li-ion 123 cell. When I get my POP boards, I'm going to do a little surgery on it to get the multi level output.

Alternatively, and for about the same price, you could just buy an Aleph II head and stick that one there. That will outperform my mod, at the expense of size.

If you have questions, PM me.