Obtaining V intensity bin Nichia NSPW500CS leds

Grumpy

Enlightened
Is there someone here at CPF who might know of a way for me to purchase some of the best (V bin)intensity NSPW500CS leds?
All of the sales people that I talk to say that there is no way to do this but I am hoping someone here at CPF may know someone and or have enough "pull" to get some. You can post here or send me PM if you wish. I would be interested in any ammount that I could obtain. I would like to modify a PT Corona with 8 of this type leds. I would buy a much larger ammount however. I know that I am probably dreaming.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
James, I suppose that means the second batch that were due today were not V bins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It could mean that they are not getting any yield on this bin yet. Kind of like the Soeul Semi vapour-ware spec sheets. With some luck (and perhaps time) these touted products will materialize as production ramps and yields improve.

Paul

beav

Newly Enlightened
Re: Obtaining V intensity bin Nichia NSPW500CS led

Last time I talked to one of their sales people (about two weeks ago), the guy said that the V-rank units weren't available at all... Not sure what to read into that though. Are they not available to me? Or not available to anyone? Don't know. I'd like to try some too!

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

LRI Guys could have them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just now Today, I just had a talk with Nichia_India ....

They said that Selected bin is NOT available below Quantities of 10K