Is there a LED desktop work lamp?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there an LED desktop lamp for my desk? I like the white color of LED light. I like a desktop lamp that has even broad beam that can light up the work area. This light should be intended for home or office desk. there is no need for brutal power of Surefire or Gladius. I noticed that there are many LED tactical flashlights, headlamp on the market however I haven't seen a work lamp. I have the halogen desktop lamp from Bestbuy.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
cool. thanks for the link at amondotech powernoodle. I will order it.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Picard,

I have (or rather had) one of those from AmondoTech. I think it is a great light.

I was showing it to Sigman and he took it to check it out... I miss it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It has very even illumination, a nice tint, and a very heavy base that makes sure it stays where you want it while adjusting the head.

I only used it for about a week before loaning it to Sigman. I am not sure about getting it back though... his wife grabbed it as if she had the perfect place for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Superbrightleds sells E-27 medium screw base bulbs that fit most household lamp sockets. Check fit! Check beam angle!! With the exception of the 50 LED (very big & heavy) fairly dim. Maybe 25W equivalent.
Details:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/MR16_specs.htm
Order page:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=MR16&cart_id=4197839.24318

Walmart Canada is now carrying cool white compact flouresent bulbs. This might be your better bet if you need more light.

Me. I prefer warm white.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Welllll bad news...SilverFox came over tonight (on his last day here - "till next time"!) and made me give that "1 watt Luxeon Desk Lamp" from Amondotech back! Geee, he lets me enjoy it and then takes it away! I think he's a "Photon Pusher"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I'm going to miss it! Looks like I'll be putting an order in to Amondotech real soon!!

I think it's the nicest LED desk lamp I've seen!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Led bulbs are interesting. Perhaps I can get the bulb to replace my Halogen bulb for my desklamp.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am in the same boat. I have the brushed lamp and 19 or 20 led bulb the ccrane company first sold, but its a spot than flood light. It does have the nice bluish color, but I need to light up a page of two. If I could hang my 3watt BOG drop in led light from the celling and power it, that would solve my situation. I am thinking of useing the mega 6 to make one myself.