ARC AAA Foamy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike723

Newly Enlightened
Hey. Can someone help me out. I accidently destroyed the little foamy spacer on the bottom of the ARC AAA's head. Well I didnt destroy it but the Glue I used to re-attach it made it a solid so now it doesnt compress. Needless to say I have removed the foamy cleaned of the base and added a fresh patch of solder to my contact but now I need a new foamy. Anybody know if these can be bought? I really would like my ARC AAA back in working order as my keychain feels light with it off. Thanks in Advance.

P.S. My ARC Turned 2 when I turned 22 8 days ago and was my first LED light which I found because of this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

P.P.S Yes I Bought Myself A Birthday Present. Whats It To Ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike - while waiting to receive one from PG you might use a Dr. Scholl's corn pad (if they still make them), trimmed to fit. I've used these in Arc AAs.

best regards

StevieRay

Enlightened
I have an idea for Peter. Peter, it seems that the foam donut has a tendency to wear out over time for whatever reason. I think that it would behoove you and Arc to include at least one extra with each AAA that you sell. After all, the cost of postage to mail these after the fact is way more than the cost of a single foam washer! Any one else agree with this?

Steve

Empath

Flashaholic
As a reminder, please confine the discussion to past Arc products, and avoid questions or suggestions regarding future products. Feel free to address them in applicable threads of the Manufacturer's forum. It's not to nitpick, but once an Arc thread starts with a simple suggestion, it can take on a new life of it's own as a thread of suggestions regarding future products.

Incidentally, when one requests a washer, the request is made by sending a stamped self addressed envelope to Peter. The postage isn't absorbed by him, although the handling is. If one is as disorganized as myself, if the light came with an extra washer, by the time I'd need to replace it, I wouldn't have any idea where I stashed it.

StevieRay

Enlightened
Empath,

Sorry, didn't mean to break the rules. Feel free to remove if you want.
I for one keep all of the original packaging and I would store any extra parts in it.

Empath

Flashaholic
No, of course I don't want you to remove it. I said something at the risk of appearing nitpicky, only because I don't want to close the thread later on when it becomes a thread of suggestions for future products. I'd rather say something early, than have to take action later.

Mike723

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the helps guys. E-mailed Peter and hope to hear from him soon.

By the way powernoodle the Dr. Scholls pads I found here dont fit at all. The hole in the center is to large and I couldnt find any with smaller holes so when you trim it down you get barely any leftover because that hole is almost as big as the head itself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike: they may not make the corn pads that I referred to; they are small and round. I know the ones you are talking about that don't fit - I think they are football shaped.

best regards

Mike723

Newly Enlightened
Yea you are right thats the one. I didnt see any circle ones at the drugstore so guess I am out of luck. Haven't heard back from Peter yet so guess my ARC AAA is gonna be off the keychain for a bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

<font color="red">
Edit: Mike wishes everyone to know that he did make contact with Peter, and will be getting his foamy. Posted as a favor to Mike - Empath
</font>

83Venture

Enlightened
"ARC AAA Foamy" Sounds like a drink for dedicated CPFers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

StevieRay

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
83Venture said:
"ARC AAA Foamy" Sounds like a drink for dedicated CPFers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds more like "Shaving Cream" to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Donovan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
As a reminder, please confine the discussion to past Arc products, and avoid questions or suggestions regarding future products. Feel free to address them in applicable threads of the Manufacturer's forum. It's not to nitpick, but once an Arc thread starts with a simple suggestion, it can take on a new life of it's own as a thread of suggestions regarding future products.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just browsing this but I have to ask. What is the difference between discussing an old Arc product and a new one??? Is this not an "Arc" forum????

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
The sky will fall in if you discuss a new Arc in the Arc forum. The power of the moderators will suck the paint off your house and give you a permanent orange afro.

The new Arc is affiliated with a different company, and its been decided that makes it different enough to not discuss here.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then why not have an "MTD" forum for the discussion of new Arc flashlights? And maybe there should be an announcement about exactly where we should discuss new Arc flashlights. If we cant discuss them in the Arc forum, then maybe just the LED forum. That would work for me, even though it always will seem a bit silly not being able to discuss Arc flashlights in the Arc forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.