• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TK 3 D modded mag SOLD

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a 3 D mag modded with a hi temp bipin socket that was bought here from Kiu with an UCL and LOP cammed reflector from Modamag or Lightedge I don't remember.it comes with the 9aa to 3 D holder from Fivemega and 9 CBP 1650 cells that have been cycled about 4 times I will also include two new 1318 bulbs.

I would Like $155 plus shipping <font color="red"> Now $130 </font> <font color="green"> $120</font>

edited to lower price
TIA
Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TK 3 D modded mag Reduced

Just FYI guys,

For those of you that havent done it and are thinking about it. These high temp socket kits are not the easiest thing in the world to install. They are top knotch for sure. But they require a little higher skill level then a standard MagCharger Bi-Pin lug swap.

Shane

Ctechlite

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
Just FYI guys,

For those of you that havent done it and are thinking about it. These high temp socket kits are not the easiest thing in the world to install. They are top knotch for sure. But they require a little higher skill level then a standard MagCharger Bi-Pin lug swap.

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]

You are spot on Shane. I think it would be really hard to beat this price, especially when you consider shipping for all the individual parts and assembly time. This is a really good deal IMHO. If I didn't already own a couple I'd probably jump on it. Those CBP cells are a little over $20 alone, plus shipping! Plus they are capable of delivering 20 amps IIRC from specs from Cheap Battery Packs website, not that the Mag85 needs it, but if you ever get a light that needs 20 amps (hopefully soon!).... I've almost talked myself into buying this....I'd better walk away now...

5.0Trunk

Enlightened

Hey Christoph
Nice light. I just wanted to say hey to a local. I'm down here in Germantown.

Bill

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

tempting as my first consideration of a hotwire.. the bat pack is perfect for testing my BAM! as well..

have to consult my guru.. i'll be back.

-awr

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wish I knew where to get those CBP's with that cool looking wrap, I think the ones i have coming are the standard green.

Shane

alauda

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif

And PM sent

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif let me know if alauda sale falls through.. i was trying to find this thread for three days and of course hard to do so over the weekend but i could not remember the name... oh well i guess my dive into incan will come another day.

ps.. alauda.. you never regretted if you didn't tell somebody how you felt about them? I personally have definitely regretted my silence... just a thought.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif i think i'll have to get some brighter bulbs after looking up the 1385.. not really known as a 'conservative't type when it comes to lighting.

-awr

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

1385? I think he said he was including two 1318's. Not as bright as the 1185, but still really bright and longer running. Pretty hard to believe that, you (andrew), are just about to get your first hotwire, being the LED guru that you are. I wonder if you've ever seen one of these things in action. I'd be shocked if you haven't, and so will you.(!)

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think i typod 1385 vs 1185...

to be perfectly clear: because it comes with the dimmer 1318s.. i'll have to get some 1185s.. Tom (NikolaTesla) is the man when it comes to these kinda lights...

I have in-fact used exactly the 1185 bulb run from exactly the same battery pack.. which is exactly why i bought this light :-D.

We measured 20,000 lux from either the 3D setup with 9AAs or the 1 1/2D setup with 3 168s.. Tom's hotwire had a PR base vs the bi-pin so we could swap heads.. I'm working on a BAM mod that will use the bi-pin so i can swap heads with that as well... but for now.. the hotwire will be stuck in the 3D bigger body which is fine.. if i want 10,000 lux and LED i get the 1/2 size body.. if i want 20,000 lux and HW i use the 3D body.. helps distinguish them as well.

I've teased many about the incan.. you should see the 'teaser' post i put on the new Mr Bulk Forum where i said that incan guys were silly.. just to see if i'd get a reaction.. (of course mentioning this buy in the next line)... and saying 'just a test'.

N.T. also has a 1D HID light that is powered by 4 123 primaries... and outputs a ludicrous 30,000 lux.. boy that man has the toys!.. find the link on his signature to his pile of lights!

I have also used the maxabeam (which i have on loan).. and the X990 (3500 lumen.. holy COW!).. so i know about bright.. however.. this one is a gem.. once i put in the hotter bulbs i'll get 20klux.

i was kinda hoping to get another 1 1/2 D to host my first hotwire incan but this makes my 1 1/2D LED monster shine a little better in comparison.

-awr