Any other f.l. manufacturers using the Nichia CS's

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any other f.l. manufacturers using the Nichia CS\'s

Besides Arc and LRI? I have posted in a couple of different threads how impressed I was with my Eternalight Max modified with the Nichia CS LEDs. I wish I had taken before and after beamshots but as I recall from memory the output from the original Eternalight LEDs was roughly similar to that of my Inova X5. Now the modified Eternalight totally blows away the X5 in terms of both area lighting and throw (I still wouldn't call it a throw flashlight compared to a Luxeon). However I imagine these LEDs in such products as a Trek 14 or 19 would make a pretty impressive wide area light, not to mention some of the 5mm led headlights.

lumaray

Newly Enlightened
Re: Any other f.l. manufacturers using the Nichia CS\'s

Geepondy,
The new CS Leds are very nice, color,mcd and price. We were inform by Nichia a while back and decided to use it in our FL12 flashlight. You may find more info here www.lumaray.com. Its got flood and throw compare able to Luxeon. Brightness is 720k mcd just to start! With little heat;)

Phil,
www.Lumaray.com

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any other f.l. manufacturers using the Nichia

They might not be CS but definetely Nichia.

Most Energizer LED lights, Gerber Infinity, Inova, Aurora(Nichia Jupiter LED), Nuwai LED lanterns, NightBuster® AquaLED 7, Vortex and so on...

google it.