• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Bi-pin Modified Husky Spot, Lumens/$$ champ

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD

Hi all,

I have for sale a modified Husky 2.25 Million Candlepower handheld spotlight. Based on some neat work done by KevinL in this thread, I wanted to see if I could whip one up using parts I had on hand. Here are the specifics:

1. Husky 12V spotlight with 5.25" diameter, steel reflector, 3Ah SLA battery

2. Stock H3 bulb capabilities are retained. Use the included stock axial bulb or any common H3 auto bulb by swapping the bulb and connecting the original wire. Super-easy.

3. Gy6.35 ceramic bi-pin socket with teflon-insulated wire. Modified H3 bulb-holding cage. Insulated blade connectors.

4. One Osram 64625HLX 100W bulb. 3,600 lumens. Verified to operate at 101W on a fresh battery. The brightest true 12V bulb available.

5. One Osram 62138HLX 100W axial filament bulb. 2,800 lumens. Use for slightly lower output with bright, white and tight spot. This is the mighty bulb used in the USL and is also the Blitz HOLA.

HuskyHost.jpg

HuskySocket.jpg

HuskyStock.jpg

HuskyOsram.jpg

I have always loved the huge but mod-friendly Vector 2MCP spotlight on which this model is based and my "Big Banana" has been the test mule for several spot mods. This Husky is a nice unit and is more polished in several aspects. I find the battery status LEDs to be nice for getting an idea of how much juice is left. This is also the host that CPFer Tweek used for his insane 275W 10,000 lumen Superspot lithium ion mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

With this fully-reversible bi-pin mod, you can simply plug in any Gy6.35 superbulb or even the myriad of bulbs of this type you can find at Home Depot or Lowes.

This one was a spur of the moment mod and I've been able to hide it from the wife for a few days but I think she's catching on. Here's your chance to help save me from a scolding by buying this rather nifty sleeper mod.

Price: $50 inclusive of any PayPal fees. You pay actual shipping.

First "I'll take it" post in this thread takes it.

Thanks for looking,
Wilkey

<font color="blue">BTW, this modified light produces 72 lumens/dollar. If there's a cheaper bright mod, I don't know it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font>

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Bi-pin Modified Husky Spot, Lumens/$$ cham

PM received and replied. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sold

Sold to wantthatlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wilkey